Derek's POV
The past 2 months have been the worst we've had in a long time. After my fight with Hayley I didn't know where else to go. I drove to Julianne and Brooks' house. I walked in and Jules was on the couch with their 3 month old Paisley. She said "what are you doing here?" I said "I can't do this with Hayley anymore." She said "what do you mean Derek?" I said "I can't do this. I can't keep fighting with her as much as we are." Julianne said "Derek this doesn't mean that you can just leave your wife and especially now with Stevens cancer being back and Hayley losing the baby. She's going through grief more than you ever could imagine." I said "you don't think I'm going through the same pain Jules. That baby we lost was just as much mine as it was hers. The fact that Stevens cancer is back breaks my heart because when I'm with him at the hospital I can see the fight in him getting less and less. So I think I understand the pain she's going through." She said "Derek you need to go home and be there for her. You need to be the one that she can turn to when she needs a shoulder to cry on." I said "and what about me. Who do I have." She said "you have Hayley." I said "I want the old Hayley back." She said "we all do but you guys need to be there for each other." I said "can you watch Brinley for us tonight." Jules said "of course. I'll have Brooks pick her up on his way home." With that I walked out and went to my car and started the drive home.