𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘- 𝐓𝐖𝐎

◆◆◆

— 𝐌𝐘 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄; the bright sun beaming from outside, to across the screen

— 𝐌𝐘 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐄 𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐄; the bright sun beaming from outside, to across the screen. As much as I wanted to close the blinds and shadow the intense light, I was too lazy to remove myself from the silken mattress to do so. I felt like I was being enveloped by clouds and plushness of the mattress, almost as if I was floating in the sky. Numerous thoughts crossed my mind of stealing Elijah's bed and never giving it back. I couldn't even understand how Elijah could sleep in my bed knowing he had this to come home to.

My thoughts were cut short by the muffled ringing of my cell phone lost in the mass of sheets. My hands roamed the silk sheets until I felt a cool surface. The familiar name flashed across my screen causing me to roll my eyes.

"Yes." I answered in a stern voice, sounding more like a statement then a question as I put the phone up to my ear. Hopefully with my tone, he'll get the idea that I was feeling bothered at the moment with a phone call.

"Lose the attitude." Carter spat causing me to shake my head.

"What do you want? I'll have you know you ruined my romantic afternoon with this bed." I spoke drowning the back of my head into the delicate pillows.

"I'm just trying to make sure you haven't forgotten about Thursday. Have you even called your mom to tell her you're still going?" He asked with concern clearly evident in his voice.

I sighed not wanting to even talk on the subject. I was finally starting to forget about the dreaded day, but of course, it's the first thing Carter brings up when I talk to him.

"I'll call her today. I just can't believe it's really in two days." I groaned closing my eyes. Why couldn't I just disappear until Friday when everything will be over.

"Good; you don't even have to stay the whole night. Just make up some work excuse or something." Carter reasoned, temporarily sympathizing with my melancholy.

Surprise flooded my face when Carter mentioned the idea. He was absolutely right. I could make up some dumb, work excuse to leave before anything crazy could conspire.

"That's brilliant, why didn't I think of that? Carter - you genius." I said, lifting my head from the pillows and sitting upright.

"That's what they call me. All I hear when I walk down the street is 'there go that nigga Carter; The genius.'" Carter mocked in a cocky manner. I could practically see his head blown up to a balloon right now, his ego apparent and huge.