HELEN KILLER Part 4

One day ,while I was playing with my new doll ,Miss Sullivan put my big rag doll into my lap also,spelled "d_o_l_l" and tried to make me understand that"d_o l_l"applied to both.Earlier in the day we had tussle over the words "m_u_g and "w_a_t_e_r" . miss Sullivan had tried to impress it upon me that "m_u_g " is mug and that "w_a_t_e_r" ,but I persisted in confounding the two . In despair she had dropped the subject for the time ,only to renew it at the first opportunity . I became impatient at her repeated attempts  and seizing the new doll,I dashed it upon the floor .I was keenly delighted when I felt the fragments of the broken doll at my feet. Neither sorrow nor regret followed my passionate outburst. I had not loved the doll .In the still ,dark world in which I lived there was no sentiment of tenderness. I felt my teacher sweep the fragments to one side of hearth , and I had a sense of satisfaction that the cause of my discomfort was removed. She brought me my hat,and I knew I was going out into the warm sunshine . this thought if a wordless sensation may be called a thought ,made me hop and skip with pleasure .

                                         TO BE CONTINUED