HELEN KILLER Part 6

I learned a great many new words that day. I do not remember what they all were; but I do know that mother,father,teacher were among them.... words that were to make the world blossom for me," like Aaron's rod, with flowers". It would have been difficult to find a happier child than I was as I lay in my crib at close of the eventful and lived over the joys it had brought me, and forthe first time longed for a new day to come .

With the art of spell-with-fingers and the use of Braille and ad of Anne Sullivan , Madam killer graduated in 1904. Then she devoted herself to make the lives of blind people better. She along her tutor Anne Sullivan toured the world, spoke of her experiences and beliefs and awoke a community of "special" people to play there role. She also cam to Pakistan and an institute ,"Helen Killer institute" was established after her name. Besides her autobiography, she wrote a few other books including: 'The Miracle worker', The World I live in', 'Out of the dark', 'Three days to see' and 'Let us have faith' . She sat an example for disabled people to live a great life and called all of us to think over a new dimension of life. She once said, "The public must learn that blind man is neither genius nor a frack or an idiot. He has a mind that can be educated, a hand which can be trained, ambitions which is right for him to strive to realise, and it is the duty of public to help him make the best of himself so that he can win light through the work."

THE END