chapter two

"I mean, the music is what's most important, right? And without music, life isn't worth living." 

Eddie spoke, his blood slowly coming up to a boil. This interviewer was against everything he stood for. He was a  conformer, he didn't fight anything. Eddie held himself back as his anger told him to rip this guy to shreds. 

"They've changed the music. It isn't original, it isn't real. They take all they can to fill their pockets with little green papers." Eddie tried to keep his composure, clenching his fists. 

"Mind playing us a song?" The interviewer asked. 

'It's not like you'd appreciate it anyways...', Eddie thought to himself. He pulled himself together and looked at Mike, nodding softly and letting him know what song to play.

"This song is called State of Love and Trust." 

Eddie opened his mouth and sang with all his heart, trying his best to disprove the ignorant interviewer. 

State of love and trust as I busted down the pretext

Sin still plays and preaches, but to have an empty court, uh huh

And the signs are passin', grip the wheel, can't read it

Sacrifice receiving the smell that's on my hands, hands, yeah

And I listen for the voice inside my head

Nothin', I'll do this one myself

Lay her down as priest does, should the Lord be accountin'

Will be in my honor, make it pain, painfully quick, uh huh

Promises are whispered in the age of darkness

Want to be enlightened like I want to be told the end, end, yeah

And the barrel shakes aimed a directly at my head

Oh, help me, help me from myself

And I listen from both sides of a friend

Nothin', I'll do this one myself

Myself, myself

Hey, hey

Uh

Hey, na na na na, hey that's something

Wanna back, back it away, yeah

And I listen, yeah, for the voice inside my head

Nothin', I'll do this one myself

Oh, ah, and the barrel waits, trigger shakes

Aimed right at my head, don't won't you help me

Help me from myself

Woo hey ooh

Hey ooh hey ooh, hey ooh

Woo, woo

State of love and trust, and a

State of love and yeah yeah

Eddie smiled as he finished the song, feeling like his point was proven. 

"That was fantastic!" The interviewer said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice. 

That send Eddie off, his fuse was lit and there was no stopping him now. He stood up, grabbed the interviewer by his neatly ironed collar, and punched him, square in the nose. Stone, Mike, Jeff, and Dave quickly pulled Eddie away, apologizing for their friend's behavior. Eddie was furious, how could someone just deny all the hard work he had put into his music, and all the things music was, and will always be. 

The interviewer was furious too, and kicked them out. It wasn't too bad, it's not like this was a big interview or something. Eddie was proud of himself, and what he stood for. He would die for music, and he'd make sure everyone knew it too. 

"Ed...This is the third time this week." Jeff stated, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"And...we are starting to get worried, you know?" Stone added, putting a hand on Eddie's shoulder.

"So, Eddie...are you okay?" 

Eddie thought for a moment. He thought of his mother, his step-father, and his great grandma Pearl. He thought of all the torment and hurt he'd been through, and all that it had done to him. He remembered the beatings he received from his step-father, and the hurt of learning that his real father was dead. 

He finally answered, "No."

His voice was low and deep, the pain radiating in it. He walked away from his friends and got into their car, staring out the window. He could see them, talking quietly with worried faces. The got in the car, one by one, and Stone started to drove, no one said a word. They pulled up to the hotel that they and Chris and his band where staying at. They all left the vehicle and walked silently into the hotel. They climbed the stairs up to their own rooms and shut the doors. Eddie stood in the hallways for a moment, and walked up to a closed door. He knocked quietly, his hands shaking. A familiar face answered the door, one with green eyes and a heart warming smile. 

"Hey Eddie." He said, his heart breaking as he saw the state his friend was in. A slow tear ran down Eddie's face and down his neck. 

"Hey Chris."

"You okay?" Chris asked, opening the door wider. 

"Nope." Eddie answered, entering the room. 

It was larger than his, cleaner, smelled nicer, overall, it was better than his. Chris's band was more popular than his, and probably would be forever. Eddie sat down on the couch, trying his best to avoid eye contact. 

"Did you punch him?" Chris asked, taking a seat next to him. Eddie nodded, looking down at his hands. Chris sighed and scooted closer. 

"What's wrong with me?" Eddie spoke, his voice weak and empty. 

Chris smiled, "There's nothing wrong with you Eddie, there's something wrong with everyone else. It's not your fault you had a terrible childhood, and it's not my fault I had a terrible childhood. Do you think there's something wrong with me then too?"

Eddie looked up at his, tears filling his reflectionive blue eyes. There could never be anything wrong with Chris. Chris was a god to Eddie. 

"Never." 

"Then there's nothing wrong with you, you are just like me. We are two of a kind, we are both broken, we are both just wanting to go home." Chris smiled, an idea coming to his mind. 

Eddie raised an eyebrow, noticing that Chris had something on his mind. 

"You have a show tonight, right?" Chris said, Eddie nodded. 

"I'll take you home afterwards. You need to go home." 

Eddie grinned and hugged Chris, his heart leaping for joy.