chapter 21

Yes.

...

You'll be meeting them at the training grounds tomorrow. Kakashi will take you there tomorrow but you'll have to stay with him for the night."

The Hokage gestured toward a man with white hair. I flinch. He didn't seem very friendly. The man only showed one eye and he looked very weary of me.

This is going to awkward and very uncomfortable.

"Hokage-same are you sure we should be letting someone like this into the village? You never know if she could be a new addition to a certain wanted group."

Kakashi speculated.

I frowned feeling uncomfortable. The Hokage just laughed. Kakashi looked confused.

The Hokage turned to me.

"Shizu, would you mind telling Kakashi your real name? I'm sure that he'll understand."

I nodded.

"My name is Shizuka Yuki Nuru." I manage to utter out.

...

That's how I ended up staying at Kakashi's place. I wait patiently as he opens the door to his apartment. The door opens with a creek.

"Well, this is it to go inside."

I enter the apartment. Judging by how dusty it is in here he's never home. I turn toward Kakashi. He notices my stare and sighs.

"It's messy because I'm almost always on a mission. If it bothers you that much you can help me clean. Also, your room is over there."

Kakashi pointed to a room to the right. I walk over and open the door. The room was plain. There were a bed and a small desk with a little dresser.

"Sorry, it's not much but I wasn't really expecting someone to start living with me."

He said while scratching his neck. I smile.

"It's fine. It has the essentials." I say.

"Well, the Hokage said for me to give you this."

He handed me a bag.

"Don't spend it all at once, okay? I have a book to read so you'll need to buy the things you need yourself."

He left to his room pulling out a small green book from his pouch.

The door to his room closes and I'm left alone.

I look to Hikari. He uses his head to nudge me forward.

'Well, let's go out into town to see if you need anything.'

I nod and leave the dusty apartment.
Once we get into the street I start looking around.

I made sure my hair covered my face but I could still see. I didn't really need anything besides clothes and I had my sisters old clothes so we were just walking around with really no objective.

So I went to the training grounds and sat down on a bench. Hikari sat down on the bench with me.

'Is something wrong?'

I shake my head.

"Just preparing myself for tomorrow to meet Naruto and everyone else."

Hikari shook his head simpatheticly.

'Honestly, you've done scarier things then meeting old friends and enemies. You need to give yourself more credit Shizuka. Although you have improved during your training you still have the same negative mindset. I wish you would see what great potential you hold.'

I felt a frown grow on my face. Not because I was sad but because i was grateful to have such a great friend with me. I tried really hard to not let the tears fall but they did anyway.

'Oh, Shizuka...'

Hikari got closer and laid his head on my lap. I laugh.

'Back when you were still training this made you happy. I'm guessing by that laugh it still does. It's not everyday I let someone touch me fondly but for you I'll make an exception.'

I stroke his soft fur. Each time I do I feel myself relax. I ruffle up his fur. Hikari gives me a look of annoyance but let's me continue.

"Hey, when will you go back?"

Hikari looks at me confused.

'Go back where?'

"To where summonings go?"

His eyes light up in realization.

'Ah...well, I can go back there whenever I want but right now you need me to help you. So, I'll as long as you want me around I guess.'

Hikari gets off my lap and jumps to the ground and shakes to fix his disleveled fur. I get up.

"Are you finished exploring?"

I turn toward the voice.

"Hokage-sama? What brings you here?"

He comes up to me with a serious look.

"I want to talk to you about the exams."

He looked serious. I nod. The Hokage gestured me to follow.

I follow.

"Shizuka you know we can't keep who you are a secret forever right? You need to let the others and your family know you're here. Also, you won't get become a chuning if you don't use your real name so you'll be revealed at some point if you don't tell."

I nod.

"I understand Hokage-Sama. I will reveal everything when I am ready and if I can't do then the exams will do so for me."

I say softly. The Hokage nods.

"Sorry if that seemed rude but its just how it is Shizuka. Also, your sister and father are on mission so, they won't be here."

I nod. The Hokage excuses himself and leaves. I look down at Hikari he sits.

'I'm guessing that has made you even more nervous?'

I take a deep breath and make myself relax.

Then I look toward Hikari again.

"I am ready for what's to come what the worst that can happen?"

Hikari laughs.

'Many things! But the best thing is that you're looking at the positive and not the negative. So, are you ready to go home and talk to the silver-haired guy? To be honesty with you the book he reads looks kinda suspicious.'

I laugh.

"The Hokage put us in his care because he thought that Kakashi would be best to suit the job also he's the sensei of the team I'm going to be on."

'I guess so, but I'm only looking out for you. So, if it seems I'm overprotective I'm sorry.'

His ears flatten. I pet his head to comfort him.

"Well, let's head back. I'll be a week tomorrow but that's a problem for future me."

...

Sorry that it hasn't gotten to the good part yet but character development! Also please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW.