Chapter 7- Blade and Bond

~swears~

We exit the wormhole by the coordinates. I fiddle with my armor suit thing.

"Well, this is it, no sign of any activity at all. Living or otherwise." Coran announces. Shiro stares at the crystals that surround us.

"Can we get in there to take a closer look?"

"I don't want to bring the castle any closer. Those zanthorium chunks contain highly unstable nitrate salts. Even bumping one of them can blow us straight to osblay."

"Are you sure this is right?"

"According to the coordinates number 5 gave me."

"Hey! My encryption is solid!" Pidge butts in. Shiro ignores her.

"There must me something we're missing. "

"We should get out of here. We've checked it out, but now it's time to move on." Allura sounds strong, but I can see her getting antsy.

"No. There must be something more to this. I can feel it." Shiro looks so serious. "I think we should wait."

I suddenly had the feeling we were being watched. The alarms went off.

"There's an I trouser in the castle!" Coran called out.

"How could someone just sneak aboard the ship?" Lance looked away from his screen, and the princess answered.

"I knew coming here was a mistake!" Security feed popped up. "There he is. Level 5."

Shiro stood, and I followed suit. "Everyone, suit up."

I'm already suited up. I start down to the hall he was seen in as the paladins get theirs.

I stop when I see him. We watch each other. Lance comes around the corner shortly after.

"I got 'im."

"Keep eyes on them Lance, we're all coming towards you." Shiro says through the comms.

"Hold it right there!" Lance shouts, and the intruder turns. I see the blade on his back. He starts running toward Lance, who shoots. I dive behind a pillar. What is he thinking?

"He's as fast as an angry clanmeral." Coran comments. Pretty sure nobody knows what that is. The man flips over Lance, trying for the gun. "Ooh! But he can jump like a spratly koobenhefer!"

"Coran, you're not helping!" Lance yells. She's now shooting in the opposite direction of me it's that come out of hiding and walk towards him, eyeing the man's movements for a pattern.

"Oh, somebody's as mad as a wetchooba." Coran teases, and the man turns the corner. I sprint after him. Lance follows. "Coming your way, Number 5!"

"Aah! I got 'im! I don't  got him!" Pidge yells, lance and I turning the corner. He's dragging her by the weapon.

"He's dragging Pidge away!" A panicked Coran yells. She grunts and I grab her and her weapon with both hands, sitting.

"Come back here!" He's dragging both of us now. I haven't slowed him at all. Blasting erupts at us. "HUNK!"

"Sorry!"

Lance is running after us.

"Up! Can't fire the team, guys!" Coran says over the speakers. He isn't helping.

"Hey!"

"Alright, it's up to Keith now!"

"Copy that. I'm ready." Really hoe? This guy is dragging me and Pidge and is still outrunning both Lance and Hunk.