Light

All I see is light for a few moments. The sparkling object lights the way in the midday sun. I seek locations for where I am and where my friend and bodyguards are but find only carnage. As I stumble along the wreckage looking for Haymitch or anyone who can find me I spy the nurse. Her mangled body is twisted and burnt while covered in blood. I suppress a scream of shock and sadness as I realize she never had anything to to with me. She might never have died if she hadn't accompanied me. This was just and routine route for her and...and.....Stop it Katniss I scolded myself. You couldn't have done anything to save her. I give her one last glance and move on. I find some crates and lie down behind them, trying to contemplate what happened when I hear hurried whispers. "No, lets take him; the Boss will want to see him." "No Jimmy," boy number two explained. "We have our orders to get the supplies and bring down the ship. We did that so let's go home." "No, I'm taking him regardless of what you think David." Jimmy exclaimed. " Ok then, lets just go." David said as he caved in. By this point I was wondering who they were talking about. As I turned my head to look I saw someone slung over the man called Jimmy's shoulder. But I recognized the man. He had cared for me, trained me, and guarded me. They had Haymitch.