Chapter Nine

Skylar

The noise just got louder and louder. The adrenaline rush started to get to me. Inhaling heavily, I went out of my room and followed it.

I got out of the castle using the back door. Passing many trees, I wondered how I still didn't have an allergic reaction.

     I checked to see the source of the sound. Abruptly, it was gone and I relaxed. It's just my imagination.

I picked up a sturdy branch and played pretend with myself.

Closing my eyes, I imagined that I was in an island, hunting for gold. This man attacks me, wanting the jewel in my hand. I clashed swords with him and smiled, "You'll never defeat Skylar."

"You can never be too sure about it." I heard a guy say, causing me to open my eyes. Did I just imagine that? Wow, my mind can make characters speak too?

"Skylar, I'm behind you. Why are you here?" I looked back and saw that it was Wil.

"Oh, hi Wil. I got tired of staying inside the room and I'm not allowed to do heavy practices. I went out for some fresh air and started playing pretend."

"Can I join in?" Wil asked and I nodded. Yay! Another teammate. "You could be the evil bearded man who wants to steal my treasure." I said, causing Wil to laugh. "I have no beard but, fine Skylar. It's your story." Our swords clashed with each other and I was just having fun, my dream long forgotten.

*Crack*

The familiar sound came back, blasting wildly. Wil and I kept silent, listening for another weird noise. Another sound of fabric swishing in the air made us alert. Someone is watching us.

Wil gave me his dagger and drew his sword.

"We know you're in there." Wil shouted towards the plantation of trees. The wind started blowing faster.

     A figure wearing a black cloak appeared. Swiftly, he aimed at my jaw. I quickly dodge it while Wil tried to punch him. As we were fighting, I realize that this cloak-wearing person summons wind.

     As the figure jumped away, I whispered Wil about it and he devised a plan. Wil charged for the mysterious person as I ran away.

     The guy laughed, possibly thinking I'm running away.

     As I lost sight of him, I jump tree to tree, being as silent as possible. The guy's back faced me. With all I got, I threw the dagger at him.

     It hit the side of his stomach. With a loud growl, he fell to the ground. Wil and I left. I turned back and he was gone.

     Before I could comprehend on what happened, I fell to the ground. Wil went by my side and all I saw was a void.

"Is she okay?"

"What happened?"

Loud chatter filled the room but, I hear birds chirping too. Where am I?

"Keep it down. She needs some rest." I heard Talia say.

"Why is everyone here? Where am I?" I asked, unable to open my eyes. I feel really tired.

"Hi Skylar. We're all in the training field under the shade of a tree. How are you feeling? I put a menthol medicine on your head and your eyes might hurt if you open them. Wil ran here and said that you went black when a figure tried to blast you. Sig told me that you had a Flargo dream, but he wouldn't share what else he knew. You want to share about it?" Talia asked and I gave a thumbs up.

"In my nightmare, I was back in Hardan, my hometown . . ." I gave them all the details about my nightmare and how my day went. Lucinda held my hand throughout the whole story telling, my eyes looking at my other hand because of the awkwardness of everyone stares.

". . . Yeah, and that's all I could remember."

Lucinda let go of my hand and walked towards Wil. "You gave her a dagger! Just that one? If that man killed her, I would pinch your ear twice as strong as I usually do every single day."

"Calm down Lucinda. I know how to use a dagger and that stranger didn't attack me and I'm still alive so, don't worry about me. Talia, do you think this is why I have been hurt multiple times. It was on purpose?" I looked at Talia, seeking for answers.

"It could be possible that you actually do have powers. If you do, then that would explain why you're hunted down. Before we jump to conclusions, I want you to know that I will protect you even if it means my last breath." Talia hugged me and the others joined in.

"Sky, I'm sorry that I was not there to avenge that stranger, but I'll promise to be there for you just like how you promised me that you would help me." Ash replied, leaving a fuzzy feeling in my heart. I mouthed a thank you.

Everyone snuggled closer and hugged each other tighter.

"My bruise guys!" Everyone pulled away from the hug. I couldn't me more happier. Those books were right; after every storm is a rainbow. After all the struggles I faced, I am lucky to have these guys.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Kinda short but, what do you think? There's wifi in the hotel but, the competition is this Saturday. Hopefully there's wifi. Comment, vote, and give feedback?