Chapter Twenty

Skylar

In a flash, a huge eagle soared to catch me. "See? You're safe." Ash said, sitting in front me. "Just wrap your arms if you're scared." I held on to him like my life depended on it. Cause it did.

"The others are in an underground camp." Talia shouted, riding another eagle. I looked at the eagle's fur, embarrassed. She must've heard all of it.

As the eagle took a swift landing, I closed my eyes. Not because of fear, but the wind blew my hair and I never felt so alive.

I got off the eagle followed by Ash and Talia. It screamed and flew away. "Just press this button and a door will open." Talia went towards a tree and pushed a part of the bark.

A door at the ground opened and we went down the flight of stairs.

I was met with a sight to behold.

"Skylar, you're here!" Lucinda, looking tanner than I remember, ran out of the house and hugged me. "I wouldn't forgive myself if you died."

"Well, I'm here now and that's all that matters." Wil and Sig went out of the house, their faces scarred.

"What happened to you guys?" I asked.

"Franz is pretty powerful these days." Sig complained.

"Glad to see you in one shape Skylar and Prince Ash. Let's devise a plan tomorrow. For now, get some rest. You too, Talia." Prince Charming ordered, coming out of the house.

"Must've been tough to be locked up for a year."

"Wait, c-can you repeat that?" Ash quivered.

"You've been gone for a year Skylar. A lot has changed." Lucinda replied, hugging me tightly.

"The kingdoms have surrendered to Franz, including Crania."

Wil explained, "Franz is connected to most kingdoms. He transferred both of you so many times, which made it harder to locate you guys. Now, we're finding the former queen of Crystalianya, Alicia."

"Wait, my grandma told me Alicia's the woman in the Great Trio legend." I exclaimed, "If we get to Galford, we might be able to search for her and lift up this curse."

"Highly impossible! Galford is nearby but Franz's soldiers are stationed everywhere. It's too much of a risk." Prince Charming said.

"Wait, there's a way we can get there. I know a way." Talia replied, "But first, we all need some rest." Everyone agreed.

Lucinda and Talia walked along with me while Prince Charming, Wil, and Sig led Ash the opposite direction.

"So, here's where you're sleeping in." Lucinda stated, opening a wooden door.

I looked around and was met with déjà vu. This looks exactly liked grandma's room in Hardan.

With all the heightened emotions, I fell to my knees and cried. "Arr you okay?" Talia and Lucinda patted my back as I sobbed, grieving for my grandma's death.

With no words spoken, we all sat in silence. "I think I'll be fine now. I'm sorry for the trouble."

"It's okay Skylar. We're all here for you." Lucinda showed a look of sympathy, going out of the room with Talia."

I got out my notebook and pen and wrote another entry.

Entry Twenty-Seven:

Grandma? I miss you so much. I hope that one day, I'll be with you. The sooner the better right? Well, I don't know how Franz kept us for a year but, at least I'm still alive and everybody else are safe.

Grandma, I know you hate me to call you that so . . . Alicia, I'll ask you something. Are you that person in the legend? Am I of royal blood?

A swirl of wind surpassed me. "Hello sis!" A young lady said. Turning at the source of the sound, a beautiful woman with blonde locks and blue eyes stared at me.

I got to my feet and took a step back, the sudden movement made me dizzy. "You can finally see me!"

"Who are you?" I asked. "It's me Mist." I gasped. "Yeah, I know, I know. You're going to ask me where I've been. I'm actually your spirit guardian. I only appeared since your cursed duet is nearby."

"H-how did you know?" I stuttered, totally surprised. "Oh please, I'm your spitit guardian. You know, I've been trying to talk to you."

"Star, am I a royal?" I inquired. "Pfft, obviously. Didn't your grandma tell you?" I nodded no.

"Eee!" She squealed. "Well then, I have the honor of saying this." She cleared her throat.

"You are Skylar Dargonia, Princess of Crystalianya, also know as Crystal City, daughter of Alicia the Second, and heir to the throne."

•~•~•~•~•

Yeah, it's quite a short chapter, but it hold a lot of meaning for this book.

Have a good day!