Chapter 1: Loki

"You are hereby banished from Asgard!" His usual soft voice booms across the throne room.

"But father-"

"But nothing! You are cast out! You are not my son, you never were! I made a grave mistake taking you under my wing!"

His words pierced my heart, though I thought nothing could ever hurt me. I glanced across the room to where my brother stood, trying to meet his gaze. Thor looked up sadly into my eyes and turned his head away just seconds later. I was officially unwanted.

"Please father, have mercy." I begged, falling onto my knees. "I made just one mistake."

He scoffed. "A mistake that killed hundreds of our own." He lifted up his hand and blasted me, the energy shining a bright blue light.

I felt myself getting weaker as he finished draining my powers. Wincing still, I slowly lifted up my head to see his eyes red with rage.

"You are to live the rest of your immortal life on Midgard, forever stripped from your powers."

Before I had a chance to respond, another flash of blue light transported me to another realm. All I can remember was falling from the skies before hitting the ground and losing consciousness.

"Please brother! You can fight it! They do not deserve to die!"

I let out a scoff, followed by a smirk. "Oh brother, how naïve you must be. Can you not see the potential of these people? They deserve a new ruler, a new ruler like me. They are lost with all of the lies about this freedom."

I watched as Thor walked up towards me and placed his hand on my shoulder. "Brother, if this is how you perceive a kingdom's rulings, the throne would suit you ill."

"You dare tell me what I can and cannot do!" Angrily, I whack his hand away from my shoulder. "I deserve the throne! Me! Yet you, the one son whom of which is never home, gets the throne without anyone second guessing father's decision."

"If you want the throne so badly, we can rule together! As brothers! But you cannot rule Asgard alone! Let us rule together brother."

"Brothers?" My expression turns cold. "We were never brothers. All I ever saw was a shadow, a large shadow. Need I remind you of my true parentage?" I turn away from him and start walking away.

"Loki!" I felt a hand grasp my shoulder and turn me around. "We are brothers! We were raised together! We played together! We fought together! I never once thought of you as anything else!"

Shoving him aside I snap towards him. "Then you are still believing in a lie." I close my eyes, and create a blast with my scepter, opening the gates of a portal. I open my eyes and smirk as I hear the low growls of my chitauri army.

"No!!!" I felt him lunge towards me. Duplicating myself I vanish and Thor ends up on the ground. I let out a slight laugh. "Are you ever not going to fall for that?"

He slowly gets up. "Brother, you do not have to do this. We can find a way to work this out, as brothers."

Now, I am just getting really annoyed and pissed off. "WE ARE NOT BROTHERS!!!" I send off a blast from my scepter as it hits Thor square in the chest, sending him flying backwards.

"Let us go." I climbed onto one of the vehicles and flew off towards Asgard to take my rightful place as king.

I could hear the endless screaming, the begging, the explosions...

"Hello? Are you alright?" A small voice echoed inside of my head.

Confused, I glanced around in my memory of the war. "Whoever is talking, step forward."

The memory continued to play without anyone understanding what I was saying. Am I awake? Am I dead? Could I be trapped in a deep slumber?

"Hello? Can you hear me?" The voice echoes once more.

The world around me began to shake as I started to panic in my confusion. The city began to crumble, my army started to fade, and it became suddenly silent. Everything faded away into darkness.

"Hello?" The voice called out. It seemed so close to me. Something felt warm on my cheek.

I opened my eyes. At first, all I saw was the bright light of what seemed to be the moon. As my eyes adjusted to the new light, I was gazing into two, beautiful, gentle brown eyes.