ChApTeR 14

βRICҜ

"Counterparts?" I ask. Pink rubs her head distractedly and starts to walk in circles.

"No! I mean...ugh! Just forget what I told you," she growls, chucking her knife at a tree. It makes a hollow thunk as they connect. Pink's head picks up and she looks at the tree curiously.

"You can't just expect me to drop this, Pink!" I shout aggravated lay. She ignores me and walks up to the knife. "Pink, are you listening to me?"

"Look, right now there are things more important then a past," Pink murmurs, circling the tree and looking up into its branches. She places her head against the trunk and taps it with her knuckle.

"What about a future then? You know this'll cone back and bite you in the ass," I warn her. She moves back to the knife and taps it again. Her scream erupted into the air as it opened and she falls into it, disappearing. "Pink!"

I get no response and head to the door, looking down. It was a straight drop, down into blackness. I grab the silver dagger from the wood and stick it through a loop in my pants. "Here goes nothing," I murmur and jump through.

The blackness and the force of the slides friction throws me one way and another until I see a light at my feet. I wrap my arms around my body and shoot into something wet and cold.

Water. I realize as I open my eyes. I push off from the bottom of the tank and burst through the surface. I gasp at the lack of oxygen and swim to the rim, only to see a familiar sight.

"Mojo," I hiss. He was sitting on a raised chair with A drowned looking Pink tied up next to him. The space between us is covered up by robots, all extended with spinning saws and knives.

"My son," Mojo says, smiling. I glare at him and launch from the tank onto the floor. I lost my hat in the trip down and my hair dripped into my eyes.

"I'm no son of yours," I sneer, wiping away my bangs. Mojo laughs and Pink starts to struggle harder against her ropes.

"No son eh, so be it! You can take role as a prisoner then," Mojo claps his hands and two robots grab me from behind, tying my wrists. I don't fight them as they drag me and Pink through a door. Most of the robots disappear until there's five-three restraining Pink and two holding me.

"Let...me...go!" she screams, twirling and kicking one in the face. The other robots grab her legs and force her to stand still as they drag her along. "Grr!".

They stop at a cell door and toss Pink in, locking it over and over before setting up a force field around it. Her pink eyes glare from the small slot as she continues to yell. He robots toss me into the one next to her and in initiate the same procedure.

I sit on the cold floor and listen to Pink's colorful language until I hear sobs. I press my ear against the wall that separates us and hear her breathing deeply, but no tears. That's when I notice there are other cells here, and I would be hearing tears a lot more.

"Brick?" Pink calls faintly from the other side. I lean closer into the wall.

"I'm here Pinky," I assure her. She takes in a deep breath and releases it slowly.

"I'm scared," she says finally. Her voice was cracked, weather from the endless screams or tears I didn't know or care. I lean my back against the wall and close my eyes.

"Me too."