ChApTeR 20

βRICҜ

I couldn't think. I couldn't see. The tears blurred my vision. All I could do was replay Blossom's words. Those horrible, horrible words.

"I don't feel bad anymore," I say loudly. It's been hours since either of us said anything, as I was trying to process the most hurtful words I could think of in this blur.

I wipe away my eyes, clearing my vision and glare at the hole. For a second I felt a heat build up in my eyes and I turned away as a red laser err puts from my eyes, hitting the lock in the door. A soft pop echoes through the room as I see a slight crack of an open door. I opened it!

"That's great," Blossom's low emotionless response echoes through my room, making me frown. I crawl over to the door and smile. An escape.

I was about to push it open when i hear the metallic clank of approaching robots. I go backwards as he stops in front of Blossom's cell.

"Come prisoner. Execution begins now," he says with a metallic laugh.

"Execution?" I shout, panic entering me. Blossom's face appears from the hole, but she doesn't look scared, just curious.

"Yeah, Mojo told me last night," she says, her voice completely normal.

"And why didn't you tell me?" I shout in disdain. No, he couldn't. He wouldn't!

"I thought you didn't care," she says, her voice finally showing malice. I shut my mouth and stare at her in shocked sadness as she disappears. I slide to the floor as I hear her retreating footsteps.

"Execution," I shake my head and my sadness turns to fury. No way, no one was touching her. Not while I'm still alive. And then the laser eyes start.

βLΩSSΩM

I bow my head as we walk up the stairs. I watch the little droplets of water from the ceiling fall onto the cement stairs and slip into the little cuts and cracks-disappearing to some mysterious lower level.

I felt bad for not telling Brick, I mean I was gonna die anyway so why did it matter. He was mad at me anyway, not that I really care. He isn't the Brick I knew. He's selfish and annoying and stupid. My brick was kind, smart, and helpful!

"Blossom!" Mojo exclaims, bringing me up from the past. I take a disgusted step back as I look at him. He's in a deep purple robe with white fur lining it, his green monkey hair combed and greased back, and a gold crown atop his head.

"Your highness? What is this, the renaissance?" I ask, my hand instinctively reaching up to grab my cross. The cross he gave me.

I shake my head, dismissing the thought and drop my hands limply to my sides. It hurt to think about him, all that came into my mind was that snotty little make-up sorry excuse for a-

"I think it's quite appropriate for our location, don't you?" he asks, his annoying voice turning up into a screech. It takes all my willpower not to cover my ears.

"And where would that be?" I ask, folding my arms. I really just want this to be over.

"Scotland of course!" He cackles, making me flinch.

"How original," I murmur, but if he heard me he doesn't show it.

"And in spirit of that, your execution shall be ancient as well," he proclaims. I look up at him, noticing the crazy in his eyes. Yup, he lost it.

"You mean the ones where you cut off my head or hand or something?" I ask in a bored tone. Mojo stares hard at me and after a while cracks a small smile. Not a funny smile or a joking smile but an evil one.

"There shall be a hanging at noon today," he says in a low tone.

"That sounds more western," I say. Mojo stomps his foot and glares, making odd monkey sounds.

"I don't care! Once your out of the picture your sisters will be easy! My robots have already sent your green one on a wild chase and the blue one has been located!" he says. My chest restricts in fear. My sisters?

"Are three little girls really that much for you to handle?" I try, but he's prepared.

"When they have my boys, they're a threat," he says cooly, sinking back into his throne as if I had drained all the anger and left an empty shell.

"You're a monster. Your so called "sons" came with us without restriction," I say. Mojo's face contorts in a mixture of sadness and rage before it slips back into its mask of cool.

"I'm pretty sure a certain little red head doesn't trust you much after your story last night," he says in a sad knowing voice. I roll my eyes and hug my arms closer to my chest. Brick was still Brick, and his mistrust still hurt. "How did he react when he found out you killed that woman, or erased his memory?"

Mojo was quietly smiling, waiting for my exposure to his words but I stare calmly back at him. "Or how you ran away from him."

"I ran to protect him," I hiss suddenly, anger swirling in me. My limbs were heated by it, and my adrenaline was fueled. I want to smack this monkey like a pillow!

"From what? Yourself?" Mojo laughs but I remain still, my face stony.

"Exactly," I say after he's done laughing. He takes a deep breath and examines me with black eyes.

"What do you mean?" he practically hisses, his spit flying everywhere.

"You forced me to become a monster that killed! You forced me to be evil and dangerous and so that's what I became. I was a threat to Brick, and so I removed myself and my sisters," I explain quietly. Mojo examines me for a minute and then claps his hands, making me jump.

"Let's get this execution going!"