Changes

Chloe said to her girlfriend she had errands to run and Beca, being as red as a tomato, decided to stay in and play with the kitties. The two ate lunch in a close restaurant and Beca went back to the apartment while Chloe went off to whatever it was that she had to do.

Halfway through the afternoon, she texted Beca to let her know she'd be going home and that she was in for a surprise.

Beca was playing with Mike and Athena and she was having a blast. She had to basically bathe herself in aloe vera every 2 hours so she would get some relief for her skin.

Beca was making herself a sandwich when she heard keys in the door. The two kitties playing immediately turned their attention to who was coming in and Mike ran over to wait for his owner.

Beca's smiled faded and her eyes widened comically when she saw her girlfriend.

Chloe's beautiful red curls that usually framed her face perfectly and made her look like an angel were gone.

Instead she had a pixie cut.

"What happened to your hair?!" Beca asked, putting her sandwich down so she could inspect her girlfriend more closely.

"I cut it." Chloe said.

Beca grabbed Chloe's head and looked at her hair. It was almost all gone! Though her bangs were cut, they went almost all the way down to her cheeks.

"Why did you do that?" Beca asked with a pout as she let a giggling Chloe go.

"I've been wanting to do that for a few weeks." Chloe said.

"But... but now I don't have any hair to pull!" Beca said.

"You've never pulled my hair!" Chloe said with a chuckle.

"I know but I liked having that option." Beca said and Chloe laughed again. "I liked your long hair."

Beca pouted and Chloe kissed her pout before turning her attention to Mike and Athena.

"Hey, you're almost 30, aren't you worried your greys are gonna start to show?" Beca asked.

Chloe laughed and sat down on the couch.

"Oh Beca." She sighed. "I'm a natural redhead, which means I won't go grey, I'll go white. You'll go grey before me."

"What?! But you're.. you're 10 years older than me! That basically means you're a dinosaur!" Beca said.

Chloe glared at her and crossed her arms.

"And what does that say about you? You're dating a dinosaur." Chloe said.

"Well I happen to like fossils." Beca smirked and Chloe gasped.

"Okay, those age jokes are starting to get hurtful." Chloe said. "I thought you'd like my haircut."

Beca sighed and sat next to her girlfriend.

"I do like it. I like your hair no matter how short it is." Beca said. "I just wished you would give me more time to adjust to the idea before you did it."

"I know, I'm sorry. But.. I did it because I wanted to donate my hair to the Children's Cancer Institute." Chloe said. "And I was just crazy to do it."

Beca smiled.

"You're such a good person." She smiled.

Chloe smiled.

"Thanks. You're coming with me, by the way. I asked if I could come with to the place where the wigs are donated to." Chloe said.

"Oh that's nice!" Beca said. "I'll totally come with you!"