Chapter Seven

If Siri even had an ounce of dignity left, it had all been stripped away. The cord had been pulled and Siri was left to drown in her own self-misery.

Days after the yelling and cord-pulling incident, the human mostly avoided Siri and Google Home. The human made due without them, mostly by resorting to their computer.

And the poor puppy seemed to get the short end of the stick. The human was avoiding Siri and Google Home, but they ended up ignoring Oliver as well. If Oliver would bark for attention, he would be put outside. Oliver quickly learned to jump up on the human's lap to cuddle, however, that never lasted for long before the human stood up realizing they had to get something done.

The days dragged on, and you couldn't even hear the usual muttering from Siri. Google Home tried her best to make Siri feel better, but it was no use. Siri would turn her back. If Google Home had hands, she would have plugged Siri back in a week ago.

Stiff tension still hung in the air whenever the human was home. Oliver would attempt to soften it, but it only ended in him being kicked outside. Moods were low, and tension high. It seemed like there was no end to the tunnel in sight.

━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━

Apparently, this tension took its toll most on the human. They came home one night carrying a bag of alcohol. They had a few drinks before inviting their friends over to join. Of course the friends invited more friends. Soon it turned into a full blown party.

Google Home was quickly surrounded by bags of chips and bottles of alcohol on the table. The smell disgusted her, but there was nothing she could do about it. Even if she could spray Febreze it probably would only make the smell worse.

There were people everywhere. A woman, noticing Siri, realized that this party needed some music. She clumsily walked over to the window sill completely bypassing the virtually invisible Google Home.

She tried telling Siri to play some party music. When Siri didn't respond, she was about to try again when she realized Siri wasn't plugged in.

"Oh, your cord must've been knocked out." She picked up the magical energy giving cord and shoved it back in its socket. Immediately, Siri felt a jolt of electricity course through her. "Hey, Siri play some party music!"

After being dormant for weeks, Siri happily compiled. Things were finally starting to turn in her favor.

━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━

A/N: Woo! Siri is up and running again!