2. Enough About Me, I Wanna Talk About Music

The next day, we had a tv interview, and I'm not gonna lie, it felt a bit weird to not be under management... but it also felt freeing since no one was there to tell us what to do and what not to do.

The three of us took our seats after the tv show host introduced us, and we waved at the crowd some, showing off our best smiles.

"So," the interviewer said, looking directly at me. "Rumor has it that someone got engaged at your concert in Atlanta the other night. Is that true?"

"Oh yeah, it's true." I said with a slight laugh. "Um, Emery revealed that he and I have been dating for four years now, which was kind've unexpected."

The interviewer smiled a bit and leaned closer as if she was prompting me to tell her more.

"And then before I knew it, he got down on one knee and it kinda just.. happened." I said and glanced over at the screen, which was showing a photo from the concert, when Emery was down on one knee in front of me. It was obviously taken by a fan, but I'm actually glad some people captured that moment.

The crowd all oohed and ahed for a moment, and I looked over at Emery with a smile.

"I think my favorite thing I've seen from that day was this clip. Take a look." The interviewer said and we all glanced over at the screen.

"He's gonna be a Kelly!" Emery's voice echoed through the studio. I smiled a bit and watched as Emery had pulled me close to him.

Emery and I looked at each other after the clip ended and shared a smile.

"So, looks like he said yes." The interviewer said energetically. "Let's see that ring."

I leaned over and placed my hand in front of her to show her the ring, leaning over Liam in the process. I muttered a quick 'I'm sorry' to Liam when I noticed it had made him uncomfortable.

"It's really beautiful." The interviewer said and I shifted back into my previous position. "So, Emery, can I ask.. how long had you been planning that? And who all knew about it?"

"Um, so I started planning to propose to Ricky around six months ago. I knew I wanted to do it on our anniversary, but I kept thinking I wouldn't have time to do it on the day of a concert. And then I thought about it, and I realized it would've been perfect to do that.. to tell everyone about us and kinda just.. do it, y'know?" Emery said and the interviewer flashed a smile as she nodded her head some. "And uh, not many people actually knew I was going to do that. Ricky didn't know about it, obviously. And our management team actually had no clue I was going to do it, either. Which, in the long run, got us into a bit of trouble, but all is well now."

"Yeah, apparently Liam knew, though. Because he actually held me back when I tried to go into the crowd, and kinda dragged me over to Emery." I said and Liam snickered.

"Not gonna lie, I actually told just a few of the fans about it, too." Emery said and I widened my eyes a little.

"When did you do that? And how did I not find out about it?" I said and Emery shrugged a little.

"I ran into some fans outside the venue before the concert and they saw me checking my pockets to make sure I had the ring. They asked me what I was doing, and I couldn't help but tell them about it. I made them promise not to tell anyone, though. And I don't think they did." Emery explained.

"Sneaky." I muttered.

I honestly wondered if all we were going to talk about at this interview was our engagement, and the night that Emery proposed. I honestly didn't mind talking about it, but we were technically there to talk about our music, and the tour. Not to mention, Liam probably felt left out of the conversation, and probably a little uncomfortable.

"So, Liam, you knew about this too?" The interviewer said and I raised my eyebrow slightly. I stand corrected.. he isn't left out of the conversation.

"Oh, yeah. Emery told me about his plan months ago. He wanted me in on it, so I helped him choose the ring, and of course I made sure Ricky stayed on stage long enough." Liam said and I looked over at Emery again.

I mouthed 'this is fun' to Emery and he let out a small laugh. He knew I was being sarcastic. He mouthed 'you'll be fine' to me and placed his hand on my thigh.

"And you two are cousins, right?" The interviewer asked Liam.

"Exactly, yeah, Emery and I are cousins." Liam said.

"So, you said you got into trouble for not telling your management team. What went down there?" The interviewer said and Emery sighed a bit.

"Let's not get into that right now. Uh. But, you know, really cool thing.. we have a few days off for a bit, then our next stop will be California. Which, we're excited to go back there for a bit."

I smiled slightly as I listened to Emery. Leave it to him to actually change the subject. He always knew what needed to be done and when it needed to be done. That's one of the many things I loved about him.

"Sounds like fun." The interviewer said with a smile. "So, tell me, do you have any new music in the works?"

Now we have her on the right track. We were finally talking about what we came here to talk about-- music.

"Um, actually, we do. We've been writing a lot recently, and we'll be taking it to the studio soon." Liam answered.

"That's great. I can't wait to hear some new music from you guys."

After the interview ended, we went back to our hotel, and Liam went to his room, Emery and I went to ours.

"Guys," Liam said loudly, knocking on Emery and I's hotel room door. "Open up. You've got to see this."

"I cannot believe this." Emery said, using his arms to push himself up a little. "Every damn time." He then got up off the bed and put on some clothes.

I sighed a bit and got up before putting some clothes on as well.

"This better be important," I said as I walked over to the door and opened it. "Because Emery and I-"

I stopped talking when I saw what Liam was wanting to show us. There was an article on his phone that said 'Forever In Your Mind members Emery Kelly and Ricky Garcia have faked a proposal, and now they're getting more attention than ever.' He walked into the room and we all sat on the bed as he scrolled the article.

'Emery Kelly, 20, got down on one knee Sunday night, onstage nonetheless, but it was not for who you'd expect. Kelly continued to say that he and bandmate Ricky Garcia had been in a relationship for four years, and that it was about time they'd get married. I don't know about you, but that sounds a little suspicious to me. The whole thing came out of nowhere, and it just happened to be a few weeks before they're planning to release new music.'

"What the hell?" Emery said and I rolled my eyes a little.

"Why would it say it's fake?" Liam said and I shrugged a little.

"I bet you I know who's behind this." I said and Emery and Liam exchanged glances.

"Alex had to have done this. Or at least paid someone to do it." Emery said and sighed a bit. "We're screwed."