|Chapter 2| The sleepover

"Wassup, fuckers." Ellis greeted as he walked into the room, followed by an eager Kyle. They were both in pajamas, which were themed to their interests. Kyle's was a shirt that had 'Star wars' written across his chest, and his trousers had patterns of X-Wings and Y-wings all over them. Ellis had a plain black shirt and some baggy trousers.

The host of the party, Ruby, had her boxers on and a baggy Lion King shirt on, and Abi was in her usual clothes as she usually wore them to bed as well. The others hadn't arrived yet, so it was just the quartet that had known each other for years. They comfortably sat down on all of the large pillows and blankets Ruby had set out, while Abi started to place all of the bowels of Nachos and Pringles down. All the surroundings were comfortable, as Ruby intended it to be as the cushions were all over the floor, surrounding the coffee table.

While Ellis and Ruby were excitedly talking about Teen Wolf, Kyle looked over at Abi, who was tuning her ukulele, swearing occasionally, "hey." Kyle greeted contently, which made Abi's focus turn to him, "what do you want?" She asked blankly, playing a cord and cringing at how off it was.

"Well, I am sleeping here. I just wanted to know if you were doing fine." Kyle smiled.

"Hmm? Oh, with the constant anxiety and crippling debt of university weighing me down, I will say, yeah, I'm doing great, Kyle." Abi rolled her eyes but smiled to herself as she successfully tuned her instrument.

Kyle sighed, "you should try watching a t.v show, or perhaps doodling out your stress." He suggested calmly, but Abi just stared at him with an expressionless look.  "Kyle, I would listen to your advice, but I'm kinda doing that already." She shrugged and started to play 888 by CaveTown more furiously than needed.

Ruby's attention was brought to her friend and she excused herself from Ellis, who just puffed as he was in the middle of a rant about his ships. The girl pulled her roommate into a small hug before Toast, Francis and Toby walked in (Ellis huffed again when he saw the curly haired boy.)

  "Hey," Toast greeted happily.

  "Hi." Toby said in his usual monotone voice.

"Hello, does anyone wanna join my cult?" Francis asked and then Abi sighed out of frustration. "No, no. Now that we're all here, let's watch a movie." Abi said and made herself comfy on the sofa before anyone else could. Ruby cuddled into her side while Ellis made it clear he would take up the rest of the space by kicking his legs up onto the coffee table (though, Abi and Ruby really disliked coffee.)

"Yeah! It's my turn!" Ruby grinned and leaned over, looking at the movies she had picked out, "okay... Uh, I have The Lion King, The Lion King 2, The Lion King 3...  Deadpool... SpiderMan Homecoming... The Dark Knight..." Ruby trailed off, already deciding to put on her favourite: The Lion King.

Long story short, Ruby ended up silently crying at Mufasa's death, Lucy giggling and mouthing along Scar's lines, and Abi just slowly stroking Ruby's back to comfort her.

"Okay! Enough with this lion fan fiction! Time for the good kush!" Abi announced and Ruby sniffled.

"You have drugs?" Toby questioned, somehow interested.

"Nah, I have loads of Vodka."

Apart from Ruby and Kyle, the group's eyes lit up with excitement. The pressure of university had been getting to them (plus they were all sex starved) so they needed to blow off steam. Ruby could already envision Toast's eyes that would sparkle with joy when the alcohol was announced.

"Um— I don't think this will be a good idea..." Ruby whispered, rubbing her arm nervously, but Lucy was already up along with Ellis, who didn't even hesitate to get immediately drunk.