He's My Big Bad Wolf: Chapter 1

Chapter One

"Dear Diary, 

     I am sixteen and a half, a day I have dreaded since I understood what it would bring me. September 14th is the day that will seal my fate. That is the day I will become pack “princess.” In other terms, I will become the Alpha white female of all wolves. It is placed as the highest respect among us wolves, because men in our packs know how to treat women. We are simply just placed higher to keep us safe. Despite the efforts of the men, without a doubt, I will be at a higher risk of someone wanting to send a silver bullet through my head with such a powerful position. A position that is very draining to take on at a young age. I'm not sure if I am ready to represent something so dignified. I’m not even sure if I can leave home.

     Bloomsburg has been my home for years, the only thing I have known since my parents left me with my Aunt Trish and Uncle John when I was five. I don't want to go. I don't. I can’t.

     Highschool has been the best thing to happen to me since I realized I could untie my shoe by only pulling the one string, man that saved me from messing with knots during the morning. I have made so many friends. The major one being Jace. He will be the toughest one to leave.He's been my boyfriend for so long. How can I let him go? I can't say good bye. I know it.

Sincerely Yours,

Bexs"

I scribbled my name into the bottom corner of the beaten book that held every emotion and tear I had felt in the past three years and shoved it deep into a drawer on my dresser. I was going to be late if I didn't stop where I was at, it was like I was writing a book or something. Laughing to myself I sprinted down to my bathroom, glancing at the clock before I hit the stairs. "7:15, damn. He is going to kill me." The short time caused me to move at the speed of light to get ready.

Jace would promptly be at my house within the next five minutes and my hair wouldn't even be shiny squeaky clean yet! I had the quickest possible shower and pulled on a lazy black sundress and sandals. I ignored the make-up, knowing how Jace loves it when I don't wear it.

As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom I could hear his car horn blaring from the drive way. Grabbing my back pack, cheerleading, and field hockey bag from the front table I ran out the door.

"Where is your jacket?" He mocked, imitating Mama Trish. "It's the middle of September and you will catch a cold!" He turned his typically deeper voice into a nasal sound that made me want to hurt him.

Deciding to do so I smacked him playfully on the arm before climbing into my spot next to him in the passenger seat. "Very funny my friend, but I don’t need it. I think something is wrong with me. I feel hot." I gave a dramatic frown and played up my puppy dog eyes.

"But, you are going to school because you can't miss tonight’s game, I know. Goof!" He kissed my forehead, causing me to melt into the seat and give him a wide smile.

"I love you Jace, please don't ever forget that." My words had a tone that even made me sad, could he tell something was off? I buckled my seatbelt as his Subaru crawled out of my drive way. I looked out the window, at the house I grew up in.

I was told my uncle had bad hips, but I knew that he had just gotten into one too many fights as a pup and his legs did not quite work as well as they used to. Calling it what they wanted, that was the reason we lived in a ranch home. Large layout with a tan and gold color scheme inside, it always felt homey. The main room contained a large leather couch that was surrounded by a sound system, a 52” TV, and a matching leather chair. I always spent most of my time in there, I could wrap myself up in a blanket, forget about everything else that was going on and just sink into the leather.