He's my Big Bad Wolf: Chapter 2

Waking up the only thing I knew was that I wasn’t familiar with the surroundings. Unsure of what was going on I went through my mental check list. What’s your name? “Rebecka Oldmun.”How old are you? “Sixteen and a half.” I froze. I had changed. I changed and I don’t remember a single thing. Panic was rising in me, my new senses on high alert.

Calm down sis, we’re coming.

I let out a small yelp, confused by the voices in my head. So this is what being a wolf felt like? This was the connection? This was weird. I was silently freaking out. Although I’m sure I still looked one hundred percent freaked out on the outside too. I think I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. It was going to fly away if I didn’t calm down.

 Soon, something inside me sensed my brothers. This part wasn’t scary, it was comforting. They were close, maybe a few hundred feet away from the room I was in. They were outside the house. I could smell them. It was a familiar smell, like Uncle Johns smell, a mix of woods and cologne. What do I smell like? Thinking to my self I tried to come up with possible combinations.

“Vanilla and flowers.” Mikael answered, his face serious from the doorway. Behind him I could see others, three maybe four? They were all wolves and looked about the same. I could smell the wolf on them, I could smell family. Then I saw their tattoos.  

They were all shirtless so it wasn’t like it was hard to see them, they all had tattoos peaking over their right shoulder. I’m sure if they turned it would cover most of their shoulder blades. Mikael, one of my brothers, and who I assumed to be my father now walking in from the back, all had tattoos on their right wrist/ forearm. The tattoos on both the wrist and the shoulder were tribal, a mix of lines, dots and swirls. Each one different, unique to the person.

“How do you feel?” My father asked me, taking a seat at the base of the bed. All I could really see were the thin lines of scars across the middle of his face, like he received a claw from forehead to jaw. He was still handsome though, his smile dazzling. He had the lightest blond hair of the boys, his seemed to be going white. Thankfully, he had a shirt on, but he was still ripped. You could se every muscle group and it wasn’t even a fitted tee. “You went through quite an ordeal last night.”

I kicked myself for letting my mind wander so much. Taking a deep breath I brought myself to an upright position in order to listen better. “What happened exactly? The last thing I remember.. Dane was running towards me and I was running towards Mikael.”

Mikael took a step forward, away from the book shelf he had been leaning on. “Dad, how about we introduce her to everyone?” Give her time to remember. He added it through his thoughts, but I still caught it. It wasn’t intended for me or any of the other boys, only our father. Mikael was trying to protect me, keep me safe. I really hoped I wasn’t treated like such a child. If I was, we would have a problem.

“I’m Conner, this is my twin Chris.” They both gave me a wide smile, handsome like our father. We shared the same blond hair, a mix between platinum and a sun kissed golden. The twins seemed taller than the others, and had more or a lean muscle mass then a bulky one. I could sense their playfulness, I bet that those two could get into a lot of trouble together, it was a shame they were being carful around me. After a few moments of me taking them in, they walked over to me so I could embrace them in a hug.

The second I touched them, I saw an image in my head. An all white wolf, growling at a man she or he had trapped to the ground with their paw. Hoards of people were around, watching with scared eyes. I felt something inside of me. It was pride? For some reason I felt connected to the wolf I had seen in my head. Was that my wolf?

“So that’s what I looked like last night.” I must have seemed like such a child to them. Here I was sixteen with my eyes wides and an excited breathy-ness to my voice. All of these men were at least twenty and older, I’m sure they were bothered by me. I felt bad.