fourteen

this POV has not been seen before in this book, so it's really significant. enjoy.

•••

Taehyung POV

"now that everyone is in a circle, we can play the game." mr. gaon said as partial of the class stood outside in the football field.

i could see that the football team were practicing and kept repeatedly sending jungkook glares each time they'd pass by him.

but jungkook would act like no one saw them making faces and kept waving back in return.

in the circle, i stood on the opposite side of jungkook besides raechan, who held onto my hand.

sometimes raechan can be very clingy to me at the stranges times.

i remember one time, we were standing in line at a coffee shop, and she would cling onto my shoulder as if we were boyfriend and girlfriend.

i didn't mind or complain, because her touch was very warming to me.

but hopefully she only sees us as friends and nothing more.

im just not ready for another relationship for now.

"hey," i said to her as she immediately looked up at me and smiled. "you can let go of my hand now."

her smile slowly faded into a frown as she dropped my hand.

"some friend." she replied, crossing her arms and pouting cutely.

i rolled my eyes and chuckled before the teacher spoke again.

"so this game is called 'killer'. it's a game where we all stare down at the ground while i count to three. whenever i say 'three', everyone has to look up at anyone the opposite side of them. and if you and that person makes eye contact, the both of you are dead and have to exit the circle."

the class 'ohh's.

raechan began to giggle.

"maybe you should stand on the opposite of me so i can kill you." she said, nudging my shoulder.

i laughed at her abusive response.

"good luck not getting killed." i replied, before walking to the opposite side of the circle, next to suran.

"alright is everyone in a good spot?" the teacher asks, before he joins alongside someone.

"okay now, one.."

"two.."

"three!"

instead of looking at raechan, i looked at some random boy, who was also looking back at me.

we have each other a "shh, don't say anything" look and both shifted our gazes.

i could feel raechan's gaze upon me, knowing she instantly saw what just happened.

i trusted her not to tell or else she'd get payback.

but to my luck, she raised her hand to speak.