Chapter 1

The guild hall was huge. It resembled that of a castle, close to crowded with people. I didn't like it much, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I walked into the loud wizard guild. I wasn't exactly up to date to all the famous wizards. All I knew right then was it was a powerful guild.

I walked past tables of drunk mages, trying to keep it from phasing me. I went to the bar, earning confused glances from the two bartender girls, both with white hair, one long and the other short.

"Hello, can I help you?" The long haired one asked with a gentle smile on her face. It was clear she didn't have any clue as to why I was there.

"I was told Fairy Tail's the strongest guild. I want to learn how to use my magic, so may I join?" I asked, getting right to the point.

"You want in my guild? How old are you kid?" a tiny old man asked, setting down a beer.

"You're the master?" I asked skeptically. From what I heard, guild masters were usually intimidating in some way, shape, or form. This guy looked pretty fail.

"I certainly am. Makarov Dreyer, and you are?" He smiled patiently. Makarov Dreyer? I knew that name from somewhere. Could it be possible he's related to Laxus Dreyer, the lightning dragon slayer?

"Lara Azure," I replied. "Fifteen years old."

"Well, we have a reputation here at Fairy Tail, as the strongest guild in Fiore. True, that reputation is held up by our S class wizards, but you need to have potential to be great to be a member of our guild. What kind of magic do you have?" Makarov asked after making sure I understood their standards.

But I didn't know how to answer. I was somewhat aware of what kind of magic I now had, but since I never used it, I really wasn't sure what to call it.

"I don't know exactly," I said quietly, looking to the ground, frustrated.

"How do you not know your magic?" Makarov asked skeptically.

"I'd prefer to not say here," I replied, nervously glancing at everyone. I didn't want everyone to know I was once a Familiar, I wanted an equal chance to grow strong and become a part of the guild.

Makarov raised an eyebrow but bounced off his stool, motioning for me to follow him. We walked upstairs into a fairly empty room, except for a red haired woman who was reading a book, and a pink haired man snoring beside a blue cat. He turned to me expectantly.

I could feel the red haired woman's gaze boring into the back of my head, but I dismissed my discomfort, it was only one person.

"I was a Familiar for the first 14 years of my life. Just this last winter I had a lacrima put into my body. The person who implanted it said it would give me the power of an ice dragon, but I'm not sure if that was an analogy or legitimate," I explained.

Makarov stared hard and long at me, his thoughts unreadable.

"You were a Familiar? How is that possible?" The red haired woman now stood beside me, confusion clear in her eyes.

I didn't really think it was her business, but if there was any chance of me getting stronger here, I didn't want to get on anyone's bad side. "A lacrima was implanted in me."

"How? Most of the time when a Familiar comes in contact with a lacrima, there is a serious injury, or death. To have a lacrima inside you, the implanter had to be a very skilled wizard," Makarov murmured thoughtfully.

"Do you know the person who gave you the lacrima's name?" asked the red haired woman.

"I know his first name," I said. I had no intention of telling Fairy Tail about the trauma I had gone through.

"Who?" The woman pressed.

"Rin, that's all I know, I'm sorry," I continued, wanting to move on to getting inside the guild.

The woman's eyes widened, a mix of horror, shock, and disgust written all over her face.

"May I ask why you have magic? Did you ask for it? Because that's illegal. And if what you say is true, then you've been given an ice dragon lacrima, although almost all magic giving lacrima were destroyed by the magic council. He doesn't add up to how you have obtained it," Makarov rambled, trying to make sense of what I was saying. "Erza, wake Natsu."

The red haired woman was Erza?? And when she walked over to the pink haired man, I realized it was Natsu Dragneel. Those two were probably the strongest of Fairy Tail. Erza and Natsu talked for a bit, looking my way. Natsu walked over and sniffed me. Totally not weird.

"Yep, she's definitely got a dragon slayer scent," Natsu confirmed nodding at Makarov.

"I didn't ask for magic. I was kidnapped and had the lacrima forced into my body against my will," I spilled. I just needed to get in the guild. They wouldn't need to know anything else, but hopefully this was enough for now.

The three stared at me and began whispering to each other. I hated being ignored.

Finally, Erza nodded at me.

"We would like to welcome you into Fairy Tail, under the condition that you will help us find the man who did this to you," Erza explained.

I had no intention of sticking around once I was powerful, but I nodded.

"Excellent! Now come downstairs, Lara, so Mirajane can give you your new guild mark.

That night, at one of the guild hall tables, I had laid out a blanket I'd found upstairs, and smiled. I'd got my pale purple guild mark on the left side of my collarbone. I had high hopes for myself. Natsu had already promised to help train me in the morning, and Makarov allowed me to stay in the guild hall for the night for free, but I would be expected to earn my rent and move to either a Magnolia apartment or the female apartments to the west of the guild hall.

"Dragon slayer magic, huh?" I whispered to myself before drifting into a warm sleep.