Room no.2016 (part 2)

25 December 2016
9:04 am

Your POV :
It's so boring today. I have nothing to do. I'll just read a magazine. *Ring Ring* my mobile started ringing. It was Ester.

*Hello?.........what? WTH! Are you serious. When did this happen? How- where is she right now?.....yes-yes I'll be there! I'll book the first flight and- and is there someone to look after her?..omg! Just give me 6-7 hours I'll be there. Yeah..*

I'm so confused right now. I didn't Know what to do. I just run to my room and start rummaging through my closet. I pick up a few clothes and dump it into my backpack. I waste no time and call a cab to the airport. There was a long queue. I became very frustrated. I'm so worried, I hope she's alright. I just want to get to Seoul and see her.

After waiting for awhile I finally get my ticket. It was expensive, but I had no choice. My flight arrived in an hour and I got in.

*7 hours later*

I landed in Seoul and right now I'm in a cab. I've shown the driver the address of the hospital and he's taking me there but there is so much traffic and it's just delaying everything. Somehow we reached a little closer to the hospital and bam! We are caught up in a huge pile of vehicles. There seems to be an accident or something. Two people are arguing in the middle of the road. "Aish..Mr.Driver how far is the hospital from here?" I ask in Korean. "Ah..it's around 10 minutes from here" he says. "I'll just pay you and get down over here." "Okay mam as you wish..". I pay him the fees and get down the car. I run towards the hospital.

I finally see the hospital, but I'm not relieved. I've to see Ester!

I storm inside the hospital and run to the reception. A young woman was seated there. I was panting, I had a very scary look on your face because of all the running I had to do. She looks at me with wide eyes and asks "How can I help you mam?" "I'm a friend of Lee Ester. I got a call saying she had passed out. I was asked to come here.." "Oh..yes mam. She's in the ICU..I'll send a nurse with you to guide you around the hospi-" you cut her off. "No it's ok.. I'll figure it out.." you say and start running. You see a sign board. Your face lit up because it was the way to the ICU. It was on the first floor. You run upstairs and see the 'ICU' board. You increase your speed and slow down once you reach the ICU.

I saw Ester on a ventilator suffering to breathe. The sight of Ester made my eyes fill up with tears. I placed my hand on the window not taking my eyes off of Ester. I hear a door opening but I don't bother to turn around.
"You must be Miss Y/n?" I turn around and see an old man who I think is a doctor. "Yes.." "oh..I'm sorry to say..but Ester is diagnosed with second stage of skin cancer.." he says with a disappointed face. I was speechless. I stared at the doctor. I couldn't speak anything. All my emotions we're shown in my eyes. It was so depressing to hear. He continued "We can cure her. She can be cured by all the medications, but as I've heard from a few of her friends..her financial status is very poor. And I'm afraid it'll cost alot to continue with the treatment..." "No I'll handle the expenses.. Just continue with the treatment.. please" "we have no problem in continuing with the treatment.. she'll be ok.." he smiled and left. I sat there the whole night.

"Don't worry Ester..I'm here..."
                     End of POV

1st December 2018
8:00 Am.

You wake up because of Ester shaking you "rise and shine sleeping beauty" she says and starts tickling you. "Aish stop it...I'll wake up!" you sit up on your bed and Ester stops tickling you. "go brush your teeth..your mouth is stinking!" she says and closes her nose. Ha! you blow on her face. "yuck! Y/n that's disgusting!" she whines. you chuckle and get up and make your way to the washroom.