Destinee

My body tensed as I heard those words. My stomach tied itself in knots. I squeezed my eyes shut. I'm the youngest. I'm the weakest. Don't break.

Daryl had me on his hip. My smile went from ear to ear. Mom called him into the kitchen. Me being five I was oblivious to there unhappiness together. Diamond lifted me up and squeezed me right. I had no idea what was going on. There was a slam and I saw Daryl ( Dad) walk out of the house. My heart shattered and I started balling on the ground.

Now I'm 16 and I'm much stronger. Diamond is 18 while Dakota is my age. I could feel Diamond breaking. She spun around. " Dad" She whimpered. She ran into his arms and held on for dear life. That took a big chunk of the grudge out of me. I took a step forward. No. He never even said bye. Mom had stepped over not for Daryl but, for safety. Dakota and I were shaking our heads. We looked towards eachother and both knew what we had to do. We took a step back. We spun around and ran. It was getting harder to breath as we got to the river. I sat down at the edge. Dakota sat beside me. I saw movement. I shook my head. An Asian man had picked me up. He slung me over his shoulder. I placed my fingers between his shoulder and his neck. I pushed down. " Ow." He yelped. I got the other man off of Dakota. A pulse went through me as I heard moans. We took off and found a shack. We went inside. Kota set her arrows down but, she kept her bow slung across her shoulders. I put my knife back in its pocket. We took out our bags. I had a squirrel and some blueberries. From her messenger bag she pulled out rabbit and soup from a store we found a few miles back. I grabbed a pot from the cupboard while Kota started a fire. I poured three packages of ramen noodles in the pot and filled it with water from the tap. This shack had the cleanest water I've seen in months. I started boiling it as Kota set up the table. Then we sat down and started eating the warm soup. I slurped it up forgetting about the outside world.