nine: Savante Boso

It's really humid and the scent was putrid. This atmosphere was a lot worse than in Brazil. It's scorching hot in here. And just like in Brazil, my back is aching and my stomach is aching again. I haven't eaten in days, or hours. I don't know. I have lost track of time that I might as well die of starvation.

Okay, I was overreacting.

When I opened my eyes, I saw that it was like in Brazil. Corrugated roofs and crumbling pieces of plywood put together. When I sat up, there were a lot of black people around me, going on about their daily lives. I was sleeping on the second floor of a residential building. Some are carrying water—dirty water, some are carrying dead animals that would be their meal and then, there are some who had just arrived wearing protective suits all around their bodies. Where is this place? Why are they wearing protective suits and the others don't?

Sam, this is Allian again.

Yay! Professional advice!

Hey, I could still hear your thoughts, Sam! –Phineas

Whatever, Phineas. Remember what we were looking for in the last situation? The nu—

Yeah, yeah. Don't worry, I saved it into your phone. She's so—

Okay, Phineas that's enough. We might get caught again by Peter. That traitor. Anyway, Sam, you're in Sierra Lone in Africa. Yes, in the place where there was a massive Ebola outbreak. If you try to look down, you're a woman again and since there's a lack of mirrors in the place, I shall describe to you her facial features. She has features of a typical African, a little short nose, wide eyes and very, very dark skin and her name is Savante Boso.

I guess African names are truly weird. Savante Boso? Her name sounds like she's a descendant from a tribe or a member of one. And her name sounds like it can be a guy's name Savante.

 And her name sounds like it can be a guy's name Savante

Well, Sam, she's not. She grew up in that house, where you just woke up and she's all alone in that house since most of her family members died because of Ebola.

Ebola? I thought they said that it was already under control.

Yes, it is under control but she was not there when the outbreak happened because she was stopped by her employer to prevent her from getting infected. But it's still prevalent there in that time.

What? Well, I think her employer has a point. If she did go home, she wouldn't be alive today and right now. What year is it here? What does she do for a living anyway?

It's currently 2015 there. She just got home from South Africa as a tour guide, which was the usual job of most Africans that couldn't really get into desk jobs. She has a family of her own, which his husband almost died but survived the outbreak. Their son is at the hospital right now for quarantine.