Don't Worry 'Bout A Thing

"I guess I speak for everyone when I say that was amazing." Kevin said as everyone on stage clapped after Cheryl sang. Cheryl smiled slightly and walked over to hug Toni who was standing up and clapping for her. But right as she got to Toni, the doors to the auditorium swung open. "Cheryl what do you think you're doing?" An all too familiar voice asked. Cheryl turned around to see the one and only Penelope Blossom standing by the door frame. "What are you doing here Mother?" She asked her, Toni walked up next to her to let her know she was going to be ok. She gripped onto Toni's hand, watching her mom's expression. "Well even in a town as twisted as Riverdale, kids still need parental permission to participate in extra curricular activities, and I came to remind Principal Weatherbee that you do not have my permission and you never will." She said, not caring that everyone could hear. "What, so you just feast on broken dreams?!" She asked her in a tone. Everyone else on stage just remained quiet and looked down, except for Alice who kept listening closely. "You want to play this... murderous, telekinetic teen who wants to kill her mother... well this revenge fantasy of yours, never going to happen." At this point everyone looked up shocked, of course they knew Penelope wasn't a good mother but they didn't think she was this mean. And like that, Penelope started to leave when Cheryl grabbed onto her arm and pulled her back "I want to be emancipated." She said. Penelope glared at her and crossed her arms "And why exactly is that?" She asked. "Hmmm let's see you, you and Uncle Claudius tried to hurt Nana, who I by the way want to stay at thistle house with me, you've been emotionally abusive my whole life." She said, her voice getting dangerously louder. "Oh and you sent me off to fucking conversion therapy!" She said, leaving everyone except for Veronica, Toni, and Kevin with shocked faces. "That's it I've had enough of you." Penelope said as she grabbed onto her wrist, digging her nails into her skin so she couldn't get out of her grip. She pulled her out of the auditorium and into the hall.

"Holy crap." Jughead said in shock. "What do you think is going on out there?" Midge asked "Her Mom is probably scolding her." Ethel said and sighed "By the looks of it, she's just being even more emotionally harmful." Veronica said. "Didn't you guys see? She literally dug her nails into her skin." Betty said. Toni got up and started walking towards the doors. "Toni what are you doing?" Kevin asked her. "While you all gossip about this, I'm going to go help her." She said as she went out to the hall. Alice sighed and got up as well "Mom where are you going?" Betty asked her. "I may not like the Blossom's, but Cheryl doesn't deserve to be treated that way." She said as she followed Toni outside.

Penelope had pulled Cheryl out to the hall, all eyes on them as she pulled her daughter to the end of the hall "That little stunt you pulled there won't happen again, understood?" She said, more than asking. "Mom you can't.. you can't just control every single thing I do!" She said. Penelope laughed a bit "I'm your mother Cheryl, of course I can. And there's no way in hell you're going to be emancipated." Cheryl rolled her eyes "You're abusive and I've had enough of this!" She said, which only caused maters to get worse as Penelope tightened her grip on Cheryl's wrist. "Mom you're hurting me." She said as she looked down to see a bit of blood drawn. "As if I care" she said. "Get your damn hands off of her!" Toni said as she rushed over to Cheryl's side, Alice following behind. "I swear to God Penelope if you don't get your hands off of Cheryl, I'll have the sheriff know you're physically hurting your own daughter." Alice threatened. Penelope loosened her grip so her nails were no longer digging in, which allowed Cheryl to easily move her wrist out of the older red head's hand. She held onto Toni's hand tightly. "Alice why the hell do you even care?" Penelope harshly asked. "Because no one deserves to be treated that way." She said "not even Cheryl. Now I wasn't kidding, if you do this again I'll have you arrested for child abuse." She said to her and Penelope rolled her eyes then turned to Cheryl "Just leave." Cheryl simply said "Fine, but you still don't have my permission to be in that play and like I said, you never will." And like that, Penelope took off.

Toni wrapped her arms around Cheryl and Cheryl hugged her back. Alice noticed the blood on the teenager's wrist "We should get you cleaned up, come on let's go." She said as Cheryl and Toni followed her to the girl's washroom where they cleaned up the blood and Alice grabbed a bandage and put it over the wounds. "How many times has she done this?" Alice asked her "Too many times to keep track of." Cheryl sighed as she looked down, hot tears welling up in her yes. "Oh Cheryl... we're going to get you out of that house. You can stay with Betty and I. After all... you are... well you are Betty's cousin." Alice said "Thanks Mrs.Cooper but I don't want to be a burden." She said "You're not. I insist you stay with us." She said and Cheryl smiled slightly, still holding onto Toni's hand.

"All right so... due to Penelope not allowing Cheryl to be in the play, we have to re cast the roll of Carrie. So everyone give a warm welcome to Midge, the new Carrie." Kevin said and everyone smiled. "Is there anyway for Cheryl to still help with the play? Even without her mom's permission?" Archie asked. "Regardless of what my mother says, I'll still take part in helping." Cheryl said as she walked through the doors of the auditorium, answering Archie's question. She sat down next to Toni and Alice sat down next to Betty. "Isn't that just going to make matters worse?" Moose asked "Well so be it. She can die of anger for all I care." She said as she crossed her arms and sat back, Toni looked at her with worried eyes and sighed.

"Betty I told Cheryl she can stay with us, Thistle House is no place for her, especially not with that troll op of a mother to "take care" of her." Alice said to her daughter after rehearsal "Is that ok with you?" She asked her. Betty shrugged "I mean ya, as long as she's ok." She said. Cheryl was talking with Toni and sighed when Betty signalled for her to come over "We're going home, you can come with us and we can go by your place to pick up your stuff." Betty said and Cheryl nodded in agreement then turned to Toni "I'll see you tomorrow." she said. The two girls said their goodbyes and Cheryl followed the two Cooper ladies to their car. She got into the back and buckled up, then looked out the window and remained silent for a good portion of the ride. "Thanks" she said to Alice and Betty "for taking me in."  "Of course" Alice said as they arrived to Thistle House to get Cheryl's things. She got out of the car and took a deep breath in.