epilogue

"I've been fucked and gone to heaven, it's Thomas!" Minho shouted as he threw his arms around the boy. Thomas smiled and hugged him back, pulling away shortly after and adjusting the beanie on his head.

Minho punched his arm hard, making Thomas shove him. "What was that for?!"

"For never visiting us!"

Thomas rolled his eyes. "I've been busy Min. Plus it's not like I live close anymore."

Minho pinched Thomas' arm. "Loosen up baby, I'm just messin with you."

"Sorry." Thomas breathed out. "Rough week. Where's everyone else?"

Minho motioned to his house. He had a house now, well an apartment that he shared with Ben who moved back for college. They ended up working things out. Brenda and Harriet ended up moving into the other side making everything a lot more fun. They all went to local schools, deciding that staying close to home was best for them. Gally was at a school about five hours away. Teresa and Aris ended up going to colleges  an hour away from each other and three away from their hometown. They were still "madly in love" or whatever Teresa called it. Thomas was the farthest away, he was the only one who left the state. He had to take a plane to get home and back. It was inconvenient but being away made Thomas feel like he could breathe.

"Everyone is in there?" Thomas asked, feeling excited. He hadn't seen everyone since last summer, which was almost a year ago.
Minho nodded, shifting his weight between feet. He almost looked nervous, which made Thomas skeptical. He probably just needed booze.

"Let's go then."

When he walked in the house fell silent. His friends were all piled in the living room, smashed onto the couches, the ones who didn't fit overflowed onto the floor. Everyone turned to look at him with identical expressions on their faces, suspense.

"Uh hi guys."

Teresa cleared her throat, adjusting herself on Aris' lap.

"Okay this is weird, what's going on? Did I miss someone's birthday?" Thomas asked, looking around the room from person to person.

"You know we all love you, right?" Brenda spoke so softly it scared Thomas.

He backed up, into Minho's chest who took hold of his arm carefully.

"Uh we got a new roommate this semester," Ben spoke up suddenly.

"Okay?" Thomas still felt confused and a little anxious. His stomach hurt badly and his hands were sweating. "Can everyone stop acting weird please and tell me what the fuck is going on!?"

Everyone fell silent again, looking at a spot in the kitchen behind him. Thomas turned around, freezing dead in his tracks when he did.

"Hi Tommy."

It was him. It was actually him standing in the kitchen. It was all of him in his fluffy blonde haired glory. Thomas didn't even have time to process that he was on crutches, one of his legs on the ground while the other was bent behind him in the air.

"No fucking way." Thomas was out the front door before anyone could even move. He slammed it so hard he could hear something fall off the wall.

He was speed walking to his car, ignoring the footsteps behind him. "Thomas stop!"

Minho grabbed his arm and spun him around. "Why are you leaving?"

Thomas clenched his fists. "Why wouldn't you warn me!?" He was well aware that he was screaming, but he didn't care. "Maybe a 'hey the guy who broke you is in my kitchen right now'. Oh! How about a 'I know you haven't seen Newt in two fucking years, but he's back in town'!" Thomas let out a frustrated sound, kicking at the snow on the ground. "Fuck you guys."