One

One 

Courtney Smith

I finally get to school, running, trying to eat my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, also trying not to choke. I run into the building, sliding on the tile, until I get to the classroom. I open the door and run to my seat, shoving the last of my sandwich down my throat. I pant as I finish and take out my history book. “Wrong class.” Someone whispered to me. I glance at them and they pointed to their biology book.

“Shit.” I curse and gather my things.

“Langauge, Miss. Smith.” The teacher said, crossing his arms, turning everyone’s attention on me. Making them laugh a little.

“Sorry.” I mumble as I rush out and towards history. Finally I reach the door and pull on the handle.

“Late.” The teacher said.

“Yeah I know.” I roll my eyes, now almost flushed.

“Why are you always so late?” Hillary whispered as I sat next to her. I kind of woke up late, due to the late night of YouTube.

“Why are you not conversing / sitting with Connor?” I smirk, catching my breath as I took out my history book.

She blushed and glanced at him then back at me. “Because he’s with his guy friends.”

“Oh yeah, totally, you can’t sit with him because a couple of guys he barely talks to is sitting at his table. Total cock block.” I roll my eyes. Hillary had liked this Connor guy for a while and they barely talk. And I know for a fact they like each other, I have been telling her that this whole time, but she doesn’t believe me. I mean, he asked her to go to his party for God sakes, how does she not see what I see?

“Shut up, Court. I just don’t have confidence like you. I can’t just go up to him and tell him that I like him.” She said, trying to scratch the glue or tape off the table.

“I don’t have a lot of confidence, I just know what I like.” I winked then start paying attention. Hillary and I met in middle school. There was this club for people who liked to just sit around and do nothing, it was called Adventure club, ironic right? It was part of an after school program that I had to go to because no one could pick me up right after school. Anyways, we choose new clubs every month or so. For one month I choose adventure club, because I heard rumors that you don’t do shit, and that’s exactly what happened. Then we had to be partnered up for one “adventure” (to the local library) and I got Hillary, then bam. Friends. 

The day finally ended and I headed home, without Hillary this time, she had to go with her mom somewhere. As I was walking down the sidewalk listening to my music, I felt my phone vibrate. I pick it and see Dylan texted me. I smile and respond back. Dylan is just a friend, I swear. He’s 18, dark hair, light brown eyes, piercing in the left ear, and he’s pretty tall, maybe around 6’6 and I’m just 5’5. We met at a block party, and I don’t even know how we got to start talking, but when we did, we had a lot in common. I mean, he’s kind of my type, but unfortunately I’m only 16. 

Dylan Sup Cour

Me Hey

Dylan Wanna meet up? Kinda bored.

Me So, I’m your booty call or something?

Dylan If the shoe fits… ;)

Me Asshole :P. Normal place?

Dylan Duh