Chapter 26 - We'd better get away.

After everyone knew that Ryan died on the battlefields of Vietnam, it was hard mainly for Roger and Jade to move on without him, but, life could not stop. While Roger recorded the album with the boys at Trident Studios, Jade continued her college studies, after all she was already in the final stretch of the course. Also continued with his use of photographic model, besides taking pictures when it was called. She was called in to take pictures of the boys while they recorded the album. In addition, she also photographed them for an advertisement and was photographed by Mick Rock. Despite being distracted by his affairs, Jade could not sleep properly most nights because he had nightmares, in which Ryan died or in other dreams that he said he was alive and that he would return to her. In fact, Ryan was very much alive in Jade's heart, but the girl was melancholy because she knew she would never see the face of her beloved fiance. Jade, even knowing Ryan's death, had not yet taken the engagement ring from her finger. With the ring, she said she sensed his presence and that it gave her the strength to move on. Jade was not eating well and that was troubling everyone.

During the month of September, Jade had a lot of work, because the band had finished recording the album and then Mick Rock went to do the cover and back cover photos and she was again helping Mick Rock.

October 1974.

Before Queen came out on tour for the new album on October 16, they recorded on BBC Studios the versions of songs Now I'm Here, Stone Cold Crazy, Flick on the Wrist and Tenement Funster, song written by Roger and sung by him.

On the twenty-ninth of October, Tuesday night, Roger went to say goodbye to Jade because he would be touring with the band from November to December in the United Kingdom and Europe.

"Promise you'll be all right?" What are you going to feed? - Roger said hugging Jade stroking her hair - I'm finding you a little thinner. You need to feed yourself angel, so you do not get weak.

- I promise I'll be fine. - Jade said watching him kissing him on the cheek. - We'll see you soon, okay?

- Yes. The band will be performing in London on November 19th and 20th. And you're going to do the show pictures, okay? He smiled at her. "Please, my kitten, you feed yourself, you do not go without eating, you dedicate yourself to your book, you already have a time that you do not write.

"When I feel ready, I'll do it, Rog," Jade said, looking at him.

Roger hugged his friend tightly and he would go on this tour, because there would be no way, but, he was worried about Jade, afraid she would do anything to harm her, so he asked Clare, Alicia and Jessica keep an eye on Jade, until he comes back.

On the 30th of October, Queen performed in Manchester already doing the release of the band's third album called Sheer Heart Attack. The name of the album refers to a song that Roger started writing for the album but, he stopped writing in the middle and did not finish writing the song, but, he said he will later do it.

On October 31, they performed at Hanley.

From November 1 to November 18, Queen performed in the UK and performed in Liverpool, Leeds, Coventry, Sheffield, Bradford, Newcastle, Glasgow, Lancester, Preston, Bristol, Bournemouth, Southampton, Swansea, Birmingham and Oxford .

Tuesday, November 19, 1974.

Jade went to college in the mornings and the afternoon went to the XXX musical magazine stage, working from two to six in the afternoon. Then he got into his car, heading home, for at night he would take pictures of the Queen's presentation.

Queen showed up at 9:30 p.m. and Jade took pictures of the band. As the presentation ended, the young woman went to the dressing room to take more pictures of the boys and felt a little dizzy and Roger caught her and she sat down in a chair.