A- + O- = B+ ??

Rae POV

Sitting at my desk I ran my hand through my hair and did the same thing I had been doing for the last half hour I had been sitting here. Staring blankly at my computer screen, doing absoloutly nothing.

This morning everything that I thought I knew had been turned on its axis and it was all because of my mother. I would like to think that she was confused and had no idea that I was my fathers daughter but that would be too simple. That would be a mistake and as long as my mother has been alive I have never known her to make any mistakes. She has always been calculating, manipulative and always three steps ahead, so I would stake my life on the fact that she knew from the beginning that Adam Jackson was my birth father yet she said nothing....but why?

What would be her motivation for hating me so, if I was indeed the blood child of her husband, and not the love child of the affair that she claimed I was. Why did she treat me so badly? Why make me feel as if I almost ruinged her marriage and was this ugly little stain on her otherwise flawless life knowing none of that was the case?

Dropping my head in my hands, I run them through my hair and shake my head.

Nope, Im not going to let her take up any more of my time, I tried to dissect why she hated me damn near my entire life and it got me no where then and it will get me no where now. Nope instead I'm going to focus on whats good in my life.

My family - my husband, my daughter, my brother, my new neice, and this little nugget inside of me, I think as I smile and rub my hand across my belly.

Yup, Im not going to let her distract me from what's important, yes this news is huge but in the scheme of things Adam Jackson was always my father blood or no blood, so as far my relationship with him goes this DNA test changes absoloutly nothing.

Taking a deep breath I nod my head, refocus my attention and open up the new email that Nessa sent me in regards to a potential location for the new ACI office in Arizona.

She wants me to take the lead on the design, and I for one couldn't be happier that she trusts me with this project that is so absoloutly important and personal to her.

Taking a look at the specs I get to work mapping out what I think the building should look like. I was absoloutly in my groove and was getting a great amount of the first draft blue print done.

I was so into what I was doing I didn't hear my office door opening and didn't see him approaching until he was standing in front of me blocking my light.

Looking up I smile and stand to my feet to greet him.

"And what do I owe this visit big brother?"

"What do you mean? I can't just drop by and see my baby sister?"

"Boy who are you trying to fool?" I say as he begins to chuckle while smiling at me.

"You only come by here when you and Leati are going to lunch, and even then you never just pop in and say hey Rae." I say as I gesture hello with my hand as he starts to laugh even harder.

"Hell I usually hear about your visit after you already left once Leati gets back or hear these little hot ass girls talking about my fine ass brother" I say mimicking their voices.

His eyes get big as he tilts his head and looks at me in surprise. I quickly hold my hand up and shake my head from side to side.

"There words, not mine" I say as I close my eyes and wag my index finger at him as he doubles over and continues to laugh.

"Im sorry Rae, you know I love you" he says standing erect as he steps in my direction and wraps his arms around me.

"I'll do better I promise"