Alexandrite (1/2)

"Jason." You breathed, clutching onto the collar of his jacket. "Jason, look."

Slipping from his dreamy haze, he looked at you with knitted brows, glancing behind him to see what you were talking about; assuming that perhaps the school custodian had been walking around the campus on the night shift.

"Jason, go." You said lowly as your fingers curled into the dirt beneath you.

"No, y/n." He said only to have you shove him to the side.

Swallowing roughly, your eyes squeezed shut, dark veins webbing out from underneath your tired bags as you leaned back onto your elbows.

"You can't escape me." Zedd's voice ached in the back of your mind. "The green ranger will always belong to me, for you know no other worth."

"Get out of my head." You breathed as you straightened up, cradling your temples with a skull-cracking force. "Get out. Get out!" You wailed.

"Y/n, look at me," Jason said gently, his calloused hands taking your wrists. "You can fight this, we can fight this."

Your features softened as you held his gaze, slowly bringing your palms to his cheeks, feeling the warmth of his skin beneath your fingertips. A wave of calmness washed over you as you bore into his eyes, anchoring onto the feeling you had felt only moments ago.

"Kill him."

As your hands slid down from his jaw, falling to his neck, your eyes clouded over in a milky haze.

Desperately trying to pry your hands from his neck, Jason watched as any shred of you disappeared before his eyes. Your fingers coiled around his neck, choking him as your soulless eyes burned into his.

Gasping for air, Jason rolled to his side as a vision of blue threw you from your choke hold, launching you across the field in a frenzy.

"Jason!" Billy yelled. "What is going on?"

"Zedd's regained control over her again." He choked, clasping the blue-clad hand extended out to him.

The sound of electricity crackling brought their attention back to you, encased in armour, you stood before them, Head tilted to the side like a marionette, just waiting for its puppeteer to make your next move.

"Shit." Jason murmured as he suited up, his eyes not leaving moving from the haunting image as you eerily watched them. An army of putties clawed their way from the ground, flanking up on Billy and Jason.

As if the strings had been pulled, you darted toward them. Pure energy surging through your legs with every powerful stride, ready to strike whoever crossed your path first. A sliver of your consciousness slipped through, regaining control over your mind and body just for a moment.

A flash of green light blinded the two as the blade made contact with your body. Slowly blinking from their shielded hands, they bolted toward you as they took notice of the blade embedded into your abdomen. On your knees, blood-filled your mouth as you dry heaved, painful cries escaping your throat.

Gripping the handle, you mentally prepared yourself for the pain that would ensue. Letting out a gasp, blood spurted from the wound, the moon catching in a reflection of red. With shaking fingers, you clutched the open wound tightly. You could feel the connection between yourself and Zedd weaken, it was slight but it was there.

"Get up." Zedd wailed in your subconscious. "Get up and them, bring me their coins!"

"No." you seethed through gritted teeth. Seizing the dagger in your hands you force it through the armour that had already begun to repair itself. "Get out of my head. Get the fuck out of my head!"

With every word you twisted the dagger, regaining control over your actions. The act of rebellion further weakened the hold he had over you.

"Stop." He demanded. "You'll only kill yourself."

"You've already condemned me, I have nothing left to lose. I've already lost myself, haven't I?" you asked, shaking your head through the black smog that began to raise from the ground. Perhaps it was Zedd's desperate attempt to materialize before you severed yourself from him.

With what little strength you had left, as you fought the fatigue that came with blood loss, you pushed off from your knee and got to your feet.

"You'll never be a worthy ranger!" He wailed as his ghostly figure, that struggled to form its shell of armour, weakly moved toward you amidst the chaos around you.

"You don't know my worth." You spat, letting out a shrill scream as lighting charged around your blade, making sure not to miss the power coin embedded into your very being.

You awoke to the feeling of cold metal beneath your cheek, slowly rolling onto your back as every inch of you aching. Hesitantly your eyes peeled open, a pale blue light shining from somewhere, although you were too disoriented to decipher from where. Your stomach felt tight and sore, with a low groan you felt the spot where the would that should've killed was.

Bandage had been wrapped tightly around your abdomen and crossed over the centre of your chest.

"Careful, you'll tear your stitches." an unfamiliar voice warned. Sitting up on your elbows, you looked around, trying to find out who the voice belonged to. "It's been so long since I've seen the green ranger."

You were certain your eyes were playing tricks on you, that the blood loss was causing strange hallucinations as you stared at the strange robot.

"Where am I?" you asked in a hoarse voice. "And who are you?"

Inching closer the small robot waddled toward you. "The name's Alpha-5, and this is Zordon's ship. You sure do ask a lot of questions for someone who's been unconscious for 8 days."

Your eyes widened at his comment, nearly choking on your spit you vigorously shook your head.

"N-no, this isn't posi-posible." you stammered, your eyes rolling around the room as you struggled to get a grip on reality. "I should be dead, why aren't I dead? Oh God, Am I dead?"

"You're very much alive," Alpha-5 reassured, swinging around once the sound of Zordon's presence appeared.

Frantically trying to focus your vision, you managed to slowly make out the shape of a face.

"You're alive because you were deemed worthy to be alive." His voice boomed, lacking the menace that Zedd had.

"The green power coin gave you it's life force, it chose to let you live. You are the green ranger, for now, it is in your blood, weaved into every fibre of your existence. No longer is the green power coin a separate entity, but now one with you." he continued. "Only you can play the song of the Dragon."

The moon hung over Angel Grove like a guardian of the night, silently watching, waiting to make its judgement on the patrons below.

Zedd made one final effort to regain control in his ploy for power. From the blood and dirt left behind from your harrowing self-sacrifice, he called on the light from the moon, encapsulating the lunar energy in the form of a pale crystal; Zedd's very own power coin.