Confidential Conversation

Chapter 10

"I need to wise up? I've known I wanted to be with Caroline since the moment I seen her. She is the one that is engaged to another man" Klaus grumbled to himself. Deciding he need to take a shower and let cooler heads prevail. As he walked past the girls room he seen Caroline fast asleep with the three little ones. Klaus's smile grew a little bigger when he noticed that Hope's arm was wrapped around Caroline. Hope started to toss and turn and let of a small cry. Caroline immediately woke up and turned to comfort her. Klaus listened in while hiding but the door.

Care pulled Hope into her arms "Hope huny its ok."

"Caroline please don't make me go back with her."

"Who hunny?" Caroline questioned rubbing Hope's back trying to soothe her.

"Cami."

"Are you afraid of her?"

"She tried to bite me before, thats the reason we came here."

"I know it might not seem it but she's a good person, she's just a little lost. Its common for vampires to turn it off when they are new to this."

"But its not off, she's just evil" Hope informed Caroline crying into her embrace.

"Hope I promise you that your father would never let anything happen to you."

"Since they have been together I barley see him and when I do he just yells at me."

"Have you told him you feel this way?"

"No I'm too scared, can you do it?"

"Hope hunny I can't do that but I will talk to your mother so she can handle it ok?"

"Why can't you do it?"

"When you have a past like your father and I do I can't complain about his new girlfriend, he'll just think I'm jealous of her and wont take me seriously."

"Care I wish you were my daddy girlfriend."

"Maybe one day Hope." Klaus's eyes light up at Caroline's hopeful statement.

"Now you go back to bed sweet girl." As Klaus heard Care move toward the door he whooshed to his room and jumped in the shower. When finished he through on a pair of sweat pants and move toward the bed just then the door flew open. "Caroline do come in" Klaus joked. "This is my house I will go where I please. How dare you bring her here without telling me she tried to bite Hope?"

"Caroline I.."

"Don't Caroline me" she said pushing him down onto the bed. "She's tried to bite Hope and disrespected my child one more thing and I'll kill her myself." She slammed the door behind her. Klaus sat up taking a deep breath. Rebekah was right it is very difficult for him to be in Caroline's presets again especially since her confession years ago.