Dreaming

Chapter 14

It was now four in the morning Klaus was sitting in the living room sketching Caroline and Hope form the night before. The light in the kitchen was turned on then off again and a glass of scotch was being handed to him. Caroline sat on the couch across from him. "You looked thirsty" she said with a kind smile. "Couldn't sleep?" He asked her. "Just waiting up for Freya."

"She isn't home yet?" He questioned putting down his sketch pad. "Protective big brother looks good on you" she flirted not being able to look at his face. The door open and in poured Freya. "Sister a word?" Klaus asked in a demanding tone. Caroline stood from her seat "I'll leave you two alone." For the second time today she kissed Klaus on the check, this time whispering in his ear "Sweet dreams."

Freya flopped down on the couch "What?"

"Where have you been?"

"I met a boy!"

"Its four in the morning Freya"

"Don't worry brother nothing happened yet. And should you really be getting cozy on the couch with Care when your girlfriend is sleeping upstairs?"

"We are not talking about me" he reminded her with a loud tone.

"I'm a grown women but thanks for caring it means a lot, but don't forget I am your older sister." 

Klaus entered his bedroom closed the door behind him.  He removed his coat and threw it on the chair and kicked off his boots. The bathroom door open and there in one of his Henley's and nothing else stood Caroline. "Well hello love" he greeting walking slowly to her. "Hi" she returned cheerfully bouncing for heel to heel. "Did you need something?"

"I wanted to barrow a shirt and I though this one was perfect until I seen this one" She told him with her fingers lingering on the bottom of the shirt he was currently wearing.  She pulled it over his head taking the shirt. "You can have whatever you want." She smiled took off the shift she had on and replied "So can you." He pulled her from the waist closer to him and as their lips where about to touch "Niklaus brother" and his entire body started to shake. His eyes flew open, seeing Elijah in front of him Klaus sighed "It was only a dream."

"What was that brother?"

"Nothing Elijah what did you want?"

"I was wondering how Cami's training is going?"

"She didn't make much progress yesterday, bit Caroline. They should be training now so hopefully she is making progress today." Elijah picked up Klaus's sketch pad "Hope has always had a beautiful bond with Caroline."

"Yes brother about that."

"You can be angry we didn't tell you but we needed someone with a witch that wouldn't betray you. Bekah never took care of a baby and with Caroline being pregnant she also need to get out of Mystic Falls."

"You're not wrong Brother, She would be a great step mother to Hope. The other night she told Caroline that she feels neglected sine Cami has been around. I need to fix that Hope is the most important thing in my life."

"So fix it" Elijah informed his little brother motioning to Hope who was walking down the stairs.

"Hope darling would you like to accompany me to the shopping mall?"

"Just the two of us?" She questioned with Hopeful eyes.

"Yes, just us two."