The Galvanisers

His heart thundered against his ribs urging the rest of his body to leave and run like hell. There was something about the atmosphere of this particular bar that gave off a hazy red ambience and tasted like danger whilst his nerves were humming vividly like an electric wire under his skin.

The Tasty Apple was renowned for it's shady customers and a place that someone should downright avoid if they weren't in the mood for getting mugged and assaulted, which was why Yoongi carried nothing as he sat in one of the empty booths a little out of the shadows. With nervous sweaty palms he tugged on the hem of his shorts, the leather from the seat gripped against his thighs from a previous spilled drink making the seat sticky as his eyes flitted around the bar deliberately not looking anybody in the eye as he grew steadily aware of how doomed he was should he need to defend himself (not that he knew enough to be any sort of condolence against these type of people). The smokey aura suffocated every breath he pulled into his lungs nearly succeeding in extinguishing the bravery that enabled him to do this to begin with. If it wasn't for the urgency of the situation, Yoongi would have chosen somewhere with a better reputation and was certain that there was no chance of experiencing having his drink spiked only to end up being sold to some middle aged white man eager to make money from him.

He leaned back cautiously as a cloaked figure slid into the opposite seat and he tried not to think about the hanging lamp above them started swinging simultaneously as a warning. He had a job to do and had done enough snooping around to believe the rumour that if you appeared at The Tasty Apple between eleven and twelve pm, sit in the eighth booth and if you were lucky—a galvaniser would appear. They only appear when they want to be seen and only heard through whispers in the darkest shadows but if you need something done, if you need someone found—they're the ones to hire.

The hooded figure before him slid back her hood to reveal dark hair pulled back into a tight ponytail framing a sharp jawline, plush lips and even sharper cheekbones. Yoongi hid the flash of surprise he felt when he realised it was a woman, but then he figured of course—they're only the most dangerous creatures on the planet. Yoongi flinched when his eyes met hers—they had seen hell, had probably brought hell to its knees and frozen it with just a side glance.

"What is it you desire?" the words fell from her lips with a quiet strength, Yoongi would have been a fool to not recognise it.

He drew in a deep breath to settle his nerves in hope it wouldn't betray him through his voice "a friend of mine has been taken, I need him found and the culprit dealt with. The police are involved but they're" he paused, they're not doing good enough "we need better skills."

He placed a file on the table "that's all our information, anything we thought could help is in there" undoubtedly there was probably more out there in the universe that the woman before him would find but this was as much information he could gather for now. "Everyone that is involved will comply with any rules or demands you have otherwise I would not be sitting here" it was unnecessary to say as they both already knew it, but there seemed to be a type of stereotype with his kind so he thought it was best to lay it all out on the table.

Her eyes searched his face unravelling any potential hidden secrets he might have kept buried deep within his soul before taking the files. "We will speak of a price once the task is done. We do not deal with money but rather in favours. My team will meet with you shortly, you know not to contradict us" she warned briefly "the moment that happens the deal is off. You may go." She swept out of the booth and disappeared into the shadows of the somber bar, leaving him to quickly gather his thoughts and retreat into the night back to the safety of his apartment.

The GalvanisersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara