Chapter Sixteen

Sera watched the school doors as students crowded each others lockers, gossiping and chatting. Matt was with her, but he was doing the same thing. Staring at the doors. That's when the whole school went silent as someone walked in.

Black clothing, black hair, pale skin, tall, skinny, bandages around throat. 

Percy.

"Hey loser!" One of the football players started speaking and walked over with a cheerleader hanging off of him. A group followed him and they stopped right in front of him. A tense atmosphere covered the students and Sera held her breath.

"Ethan." Matt orders and walks over there. Everyone looked at him, Sera knew they all thought that Matt would be the one who would harm Percy first. But he shocked them all.

"That's enough. Leave him alone." He growls out and two other jocks shove Matt against a locker before one knees him in the stomach and Matt goes down. Sera saw Sam, Alex, and Dean run down the hallway, she ran over to Matt and dropped to her knees as he sat up slightly with a winch.

"Stop." 

That one word. 

That single moment changed everything.

Percy spoke.

His voice was unwavering and captured everyone's attention. It had a 'don't fuck with me' tone and his face was fixed into a glare.

His eyes were dark, shimmering with a deadly under tone, flashing with a harsh gleam, and still, they managed to glow. 

It was mesmerizing.

"Did...did you just speak?" Ethan stammers, the cheerleader with him backed away in fear. Percy took a step forwards and the group took a step back.

"Yes, I have a voice." Percy growls and drops his bag on the floor.

"Got a problem with that?" His voice rolled over the crowd in waves, sending shivers down Sera's spine.

"No. You're nothing but a waste of-" Ethan's wavering voice was cut off by Percy's own harsh and cold voice.

"A waste of space, yes I know! Did you think I was a dumb mute? Oh wait, that's what you call me behind my back. I was mute, not stupid or hard of hearing." He bites and shoves Ethan back.

"I'm done being silent. You can hurt me, that's fine. You can beat me, that's alright. You can take my spirit and break my fucking mind, and I'll be ok!" He starts and grabs Ethan by the collar of his Letterman jacket, pulling him up.

"Mess with my friends and you have a death wish." Percy lowly grounds out and drops Ethan to the floor. Ethan scrambles up and the group runs away, and Percy turns to Sera. He walks over and extends a hand to her, helping her up. Then he turns to Matt, extending a hand to help him up. Matt took it surprising everyone.

"Thanks man." Matt said and Percy nods. Then he looks at everyone.

"Well, whatcha standing around for? Get to class!" He shouts and everyone quickly runs to class.

"I think you scared them." Sera giggles and Dean walks over.

"Well, guess I'm out of a job." He jokes and Percy frowns.

"Nope, you're staying here." He confirms and drags Dean to his first class.

-------------------------

"Well, it seems the mute has found his voice." The mocking voice of Mrs. Christopher rang in the classroom.

"Well, if it isn't my ugly math teacher." Perseus mocks back and a small bit of laughter goes out through the class.