CHAPTER FIVE

"Hey, we need to talk."
_______________________

Percy sat the phone down. His eyes were wide and he turned around to see half of the pack looking at him.

"We need to get you to your pack."  Abby said as Grim walked into the room. "Dad-"

Percy stopped listening to everything around him. He astrained to his mind, and being almost shocked to the core, that it unnerved him to think. His last known relative from his mothers side, is in danger, and possible death. His thoughts rambled and crackled like a thunderstorm on milky waters.

His cousins home is in danger. It is crumbling under his feet, people are dying and others turned without consent. This caused millions of  emotions to rile in Percy. And that is not a good thing.

The call Percy had was not with his Cousin. But a teen in sophomore year. Two or one years younger then Percy himself. His cousin was shot by a women named Kate, the argents are after them. And a wild alpha wolf is running around killing people. And here he was SAFE. He couldn't take this, that.

Helpless, that what he felt. Helpless, that he can't protect his own FAMILY, can't protect anyone. Not even Blackjack.

Now that was a sore subject. Blackjack was able to surpass the curse due to him not being a demi-god. Percy oringinal was going to use Blackjack as his get-away ride. But something had happen, he found the campers abusing Blackjack to fly them. With that he set Blackjack free and told him to run, run to a safeheaven.

A safeheaven without him. He doesn't know where the Pegasus is now, but he does know his partner is save. Alive.

Percy felt a hand on his shoulder and he looked to see Grim. "Lets get you to your family bud."

Cousin. Percy snarked in his head, but didn't say anything to the man that is helping him. Willingly driving him all the way to Beacon Hills. Even if he only known this pack for a little over 8 hours. He couldn't help but think they were already a branch of his family.

Sliding into the seat of a old red beat up pickup truck. Grim started the engine and waved goodbye to his family. Percy let out a half wave, clearly remembering something.

Sitting on the docks alone after the war, Percy rubbed his hands togetger and looked out into the body of water ibfront of him. The small waves seemed to be trying to reach him. To help relieve him of the stress that was crushing him down like a anchor.

Hearing talking, he turned to see some camper clustered together and talking. Just walking along and talking about anything to ease their minds. Looking closely he saw Annabeth in that group. When he caught her eye he waved only for her to stare and turn away.

Percy pushed Black jack away from him softly. "You have to go bud." Percy said in a hush voice as the quietness of the night seemed to vaccum all noise around them.

'Boss-'
"Blackjack. I'll be okay, just go. Be safe." With that Blackjack put his forehead to Percys and backed away. Flying off into the distance.

"You have to stay low for awhile." Percy put his mothers bag in the taxi.

"For how ling Percy." He looked at his mother to see tears falling from her eyes.

"Until I can fix what has been done." Sally cried harder as Paul huged her from behind to provide comfront.

"We'll be waiting for that call." Paul said looking at Percy with a look a father will give to his son.

"I know." Percy watched as the taxi pulled away from him with his mother and step-father inside.

"Goodbye." Percy looked up into the sky and put a hand out up infront of him to keep the rain out of his eyes.

"Percy." Grim sopke softly getting the demi-gods attention. "This is a 12 hour drive. And since we left at noon, we're going have to stop for the night." Grim told his game plan to Percy.

Percy nodded and looked at the window. Tapping at the glass at the same pace of his heart. He replied, "Okay." Percy slowly stopped tapping the window letting silence overwhelm them.