13

aurora

They say the past comes back to haunt the presence of individuals in the present or the future. that no matter how you imagined that it was finally gone from your life it clings to the most unnoticeable parts of your brain and comes back stronger then ever. i expected that and always have.

i just never thought it would come back to patronize me this quickly. it was the end of  friday night. it's been a couple days since grayson and i made it official and i was on cloud nine. life was for the better and i had the feeling of cautiousness when it came to the situation but i was intending to push it aside for my sake of happiness.

however my laptop that played new girl seemed to be watching me more than i was watching it because of the drowsiness from my eyes. before i knew it i fell asleep within no time. my body waking to no sun seeping through curtains as the clouds were clouded and painted with shades of monochromatic grays. i, however, wasn't complaining because i enjoyed the cloudy and rainy days sometimes.

yet saturday morning was a drag when i texted grayson here and there, along with the girls as well. it was when night rolled around that brought interest to the moments in my life. "can we please do something? i'm so tired of being inside." whines madeline who lounges out on couch. vivian nods her head and puts her hand up to signify she agrees with her statement.

they came over an hour ago and we were watching vampire diaries but apparently the salvatore brothers were not enough for the both of them. "what would you like to do, mads?" i ask in curiosity of what she would say.

"i heard there's a party that william and john are throwing at their place." she replies with mischief and i groan.

"i'm so tired of parties." i answer her and vivian sits up.

"we couldn't go anyways." she says.

"and why is that?" madeline questions with annoyance that she's not getting her way.

"because it wouldn't be comfortable for aurora." she brings up and i smile, appreciative that she cares about my well being but over the past month i've learned to take resisting alcohol a little better.

"viv you don't have to worry about me. i'm getting better at it, actually i'm like three weeks sober!" i say in excitement and a grin spreads across her face.

"aw i'm proud of you girly."

"gracias bebe." i reply and madeline smirks.

"see she's fine, now can we please go." madeline whines in plead and i sigh.

"no, mads." vivian says.

"c'mon! i want to get fucked up." she drags out her words and at this point i give in from how infuriating she was being.

"fine let's just go. she'll complain about this all night if we don't." i say and she celebrates running up to my stairs and starting to rummage through my closet for clothes. vivian and i follow with galling actions from not really wanting to go to another party. something bad always happened at one.

by the time i sat down on my bed madeline already chose her outfit which consisted of the jeans she already wore and took a graphic tee and tied it in a knot so it clung to her curves. she wore my little booties and left her hair down and applied some of my red lipstick.

vivian already had on plaid pants that fitted her body effortlessly and just borrowed one black crops that were also fitted and off the shoulder and left on her black, classic vans. her hair was in a bun and had no desire to change it. she put on her jean jacket she had on before since it was a little more chilly then usual as of now because of the weather.