26

aurora

Ethan and i had fallen asleep unexpectedly in my bed when our distinctive words of a spontaneous conversation stopped. his arms were wrapped around my waist as my head was nuzzled in his neck. it was one of my most peaceful sleeps after a whole week of tossing and turning with numerous nightmares. yet i still remained with my eyes shut and the sound of his soft breath when the sun was setting. due the both of us not sleeping from the night before and ethan's arrival at such an early time in the morning, we were immensely tired.

that's why my eyes stayed shut and i ignored the text messages from my phone. i was half asleep on and off which made me too oblivious to make myself get up. although i should have because of the next events that would play out. i didn't hear them coming up the stairs nor the front door opening. the only thing i was aware was the sound of the door of my room slamming open and a shouting madeline. "celebration friendship time! get the fuck up and-" her voice making my body jolt up and jump out of the bed where ethan does the same.

my head being confused as i am now fully awake and madeline stares with furrowed brows as vivian drops the bag that was in her hand and that was filled with unknown items. i glance over to ethan then to vivian while she  begins to shake her head ever so faintly.

"vivian it's not what it looks like. i can promise you that-" i begin to ramble off and when i step closer to where she stands i can notice her eyes water.

"then what the fuck is it suppose to look like? what am i suppose to get from this?" she screams and i stop in my tracks and let my body jump from her sudden shouting. she is beyond the words of hurt and i can feel it radiate off her body. there is silence in the room as her chest heaves up and down. "somebody fucking say something! tell me what i'm thinking was happening was wrong!" she yells, a whimper falling from her lips at the end of it.

there is still nothing said until i softly sigh and shake my head when i look down at my feet, ashamed. "i can't." i finally state and when i do she covers her eyes and has more sobs falling from her voice. madeline still stands looking at us in shock and i can't bare to look at her but try to touch vivian but she pulls away.

"don't fucking touch me, aurora." she screams. there are tears and sniffles that come from my mouth when i nod. "you," vivian starts but more cries come forward through her voice. "how could you?" she is able to get out.

"and you," her head goes to ethan, he stares at her with sadness. his eyes are glossy from the tears that are welling up. "i can't even put into words what i want to say to you." she states and he looks away when she does.

"vivian, please. just let me explain it all." i try to tell her but she shakes her head frantically at me.

"i don't want to hear anything from you. i don't want to speak to you or see you ever again. whatever the fuck you two did is absolutely unforgivable because, aurora, you're a fucking slut and, ethan, you're a fucking liar. and i hate you both!" she screams and her words burn my skin with every syllable that leaves her mouth. with that vivian rushes out the house and i am left with madeline who still remains at the doorway of my room. she is shaking her head now and has her arms crossed.

"madeline, i-"

"save it, aurora. this time it's like what vivian said, it's unforgivable. you can't come back from this. you truly lost us." madeline states and leaves with those words screaming in my head. the front door slams and i jump from the sudden sound.

at this moment i came to realize that silence has a sound. that sound being suffocating and filled with deaf defying rings. i still stand in my spot unable to move. my bones stuck in that place until i can hear ethan's legs come closer to me. he puts a hand on my shoulder but i brush it off. i don't dare look at him until i rush off to the bathroom and lock the door. i hear him begin to follow and attempt to open it with his soft words at first coming through the wood.