7.

She was crying, tears dripping down her cheeks as she tried to push past the boulders that separated her from her parents. 

   "Ka-san? Tou-san?" She wailed, as she pounded her fists against the rocks, her knuckles aching with pain but not enough to overpower the horrible tearing feeling in her chest. 

  No reply. 

   Aiko trembled with fear, her eyes trying to search in the darkness. She was alone. 

   She remained like that for years, gradually getting used to the darkness and letting the darkness become her world. She forgot what light was, forgot what her parents looked like. She was terribly alone-- loneliness surrounded her at all times as well as the yearning to feel her mother's kiss, feel safe in her father's arms. 

  Eventually, she felt the slow, creeping emotion. Why was she spared? Why wasn't she allowed to die with them? Why must she be here, alone? 

  Was she cursed? 

  Was that why her parents die? Because she was some sort of mistake that the universe had placed on their shoulders? Why was she spared? 

  "Wherever you are, there is always death--" Madara had been the one to say this to her when they first met, "you've seen death, haven't you, little girl?" 

   Aiko felt herself drift off into nothingness. 

  Was that why she was able to give up her life so easily for someone she had never even met? No, she did it for Obito. Obito's world was Rin and she was willing to die to preserve his world... 

  Aiko felt her fingers twitch. Was she dead? Was this heaven or hell? 

  She moved her fingers slowly, the movements becoming more rapid by the second before she gathered enough courage to open her eyes. She was lying on an uncomfortable bed, a strange machine beeping beside her. She was staring up at a ceiling fan. 

  I'm not dead. 

  The first thought that crossed her mind. She felt fear in her limbs. Where was she? What happened to Obito? Rin? What happened to Zetsu? 

  She pushed off the bed, pain springing through her arms and legs as she gasped suddenly, her knees hitting the floor hard as she felt electricity climb into her bones. "Help--" she gasped as the pain became so excruciating as she clutched at her chest; remembering how she had sealed the Sanbi. It was so powerful--the chakra, threatening to tear her into pieces if she hadn't bound her chakra around it. 

   She felt weak; her chakra reserves were all drained, excluding the ones that chained the beast. 

  Aiko wet her lips and stumbled over to the door, as she reached for the doorknob. The door suddenly opened before her as she saw the figure of a tall, lean blond haired man with bright blue eyes. He looked at her in surprise as Aiko fell backwards, too stunned and too afraid to move before the man caught her with surprising speed. 

  She struggled for a moment but it was useless; the man's grip was iron. Was he an enemy? Was he trying to steal her because she was now a jinchurriki? "I'm not here to hurt you," she stopped at the man's gentle voice as his eyes softened, "my name is Minato Namikaze. I am Obito's sensei." She felt her body grow limp at the mention of the name. 

  "You've been so brave," the man said, shifting his grip and setting the frightened girl on the bed, "you have saved the lives of one of my students-- Rin Nohara-- Arigato. I can't thank you enough-- you have risked your life by even becoming a jinchurriki---I completed the seal for you. There will be rough times ahead of you but I promise that we will help you through all of--"