8.

Reggie

I've been saying there's something about April. The way she put Megan in her place, she has definitely made everyone know she is not one to be messed with. Made me even more interested. The rest of the day was quiet, you could cut the tension in the office with a knife. I felt bad for breaking things off with Megan but she became too full on. I'm a man of mystery and her behaviour was making it obvious that we had been fucking. I have slept with every girl in this office, except April. You would never know though, because they know how to behave in the workplace. Unlike Megan, who, considering she's the boss and it was her who made the rule of no work relations, you would think she would do better to at least act like she wasn't breaking her own rules. Megan wants a husband, another one at that. She's forty two but acts as if she's twenty four. The minute she said she was going through a divorce and she had three children it was a no for me. Not that I ever planned to be with her but I'm not a man who likes baggage. I have none of my own so I don't want anyone else's. I mean I'm twenty six and currently living my absolute best life.

"You upsetting boss lady too?" Duncan said as he entered my office after Megan left.

"She is bugging. I don't know why but she thinks we're in some sort of... I don't know what. Had to tell her it's not that and will never be that so I think we should stop fucking altogether."

Duncan started laughing.

"I hear you I do, but when you've been sleeping with a girl, for as long as you guys have been sleeping together, of course she was going to feel it was more than that."

"But HOW? I have NEVER slept over at her house. We have sex and I always leave. We don't go nowhere or do anything. Only time we ever talk on the phone is to plan to meet up. Never told her once that I'm feeling her. I use a damn condom on whenever I fuck her and I hate those things. So, I don't know why she would think it's anything more than just sex."

"Good point. So who is next on your list? I know you have someone there..."

"April..."

"You know if we was the same age I would be in there with her!"

"Yeah right. She got you labelled as baby bro. That shit sticks. Not even friend zone but family zone. Ouch my brother, tell me how that feels?"

"Fuck you." He said as we both laughed.

"Nah, but for real... I just wanna get to know her. She is so mysterious and to herself. I like that. The most we have ever got out of her was her blowing up on Megan, which by the way was absolutely sexy."

"Same thing I was thinking. I was hoping we would find out more about her and get to know her a bit better later on. But she don't seem like she's in a good mood, so maybe she won't come out with us."

"Oh no, we're going to make her come. Come on." I said as I got up out of my chair.

"Where are we going?"

"To make sure she comes, I need you there because she loves you baby bro." I mocked.

"Man fuck you!" Duncan said as we left my office and knocked hers.

"Come..."

"Hey, you busy?" I asked politely.

"Nah, come in."

"Hey SIS..." Duncan said.

April smiled instantly.

Damn. Wish I had that reaction.

"Hey guys. To what do I owe this visit?"

"Just wanted to check in on you, make sure you was okay, although after the way you blasted Megan I think you're more than okay." I said.

"Ahhh maaan. Is everyone talking about that?"

"Not really, it's been real quiet since you did say something." Duncan answered.

"I shouldn't have gone off on her like that. It wasn't professional; I just did what she done and two wrongs don't make a right."

"Yeah but she got a taste of her own medicine. She will live. Will also make her think about how she talks to people in the future." Duncan added.

"I guess..."

"So you still coming out later, I reckon that's the only way you're going to let me take you out?" Duncan said making us all chuckle.

Smooth Duncs... Real smooth.

"Oh, sorry guys I'm not feeling up to it. I just want today to be over with. I'll come out the next time you guys are going out."

"Ah that's a shame. It's going to be happy hour and drinks are on Reggie this time." Duncan said.

What is this guy doing? Drinks are never on me!

"As tempting as that may be. I ain't the best of company right now. Sorry guys..."

"Alright... well if you change your mind let us know..." I said.

Duncan looked at me as if I was weird.

"So that's it?" Duncan asked me as we left.

"No... I'm a man with a plan. You should know this by now my brother. It's calm, by the end of work she will have changed her mind." I said as I went back to my office.

I picked up the phone and dialled Leigh-Anne's number.

"Hello?"

"Come to my office for a minute. I need your help..."

********************