The Ones Who Came Back To Omelas

JEONGYEON'S POV

The secret was kept hidden by the people who went to the so-called happiest place on Earth. The government still promoted Omelas as the happiest place that people can go to. I wanted their fraud acts to stop because my friend, Jimin, is suffering. I never knew that he would be the lost boy under that fake place. If I only knew then I would've saved him from that prison. I would've saved him from that place and send him back to his parents. I thought that he would be dead, but he's not.

I can see him in my nightmares. I can still remember how thin he looked. His blonde hair is all messed up. His face is full of scratches and dried blood. His arms and legs looked the thinnest. It's so thin that he might get mistaken as a skeleton. I found myself thinking about him everyday that I decided to go to Omelas once again. My sister asked me where am I going, but I told her that I wanted to go out of the country. She seemed really uneasy on giving my permission to go, but she still did.

I have to make things right. I have to save Jimin.

*

I researched about the place as I was inside the plane. I gathered information that I can look up as I was waiting for the plane to arrive at Omelas. I researched about Omelas and how it was built. They have this fun yet cringey website that I had to check, so I can see more information.

According to their site, this place was founded at 1793 by someone whose named Ursula K. Le Guin. It's 2018 and they have been fooling people for about 223 years already. I don't know how they promoted it from the past, but it seemed like they made good profit from this place. Everything seemed like a business. Nothing's real.

If I were to think it, this place is really impossible. I mean, how can they say that it's the "happiest" place on Earth? How can they prove that it is the happiest place? What did they do to prove it? What did they do to receive such good feedbacks?

My head started aching, so I turned my laptop off for a while and massaged my temples. I just want to save Jimin from that hell. He doesn't deserve it. I do not know how was he captured or what. I just want to tell people to stop living in a life in a lie.

Seungyeon unnie told me that people still visit the place. That's what she said to me, but I don't know how did she know that people still visit that fraud place.

After a few hours, I arrived at Omelas. As soon as I stepped, I noticed that people are smiling as always. Everybody's laughing and kids are running around the area. I gulped and looked around. Seeing their happy smiles scare me because I know that it's not genuine.

I didn't waste any time anymore because I went to the dungeon where Jimin was kept. My heart is thumping hard and fast as I was making my way to the dungeon. As soon as I arrived the dungeon, I saw him hugging his legs as usual. It seemed like he didn't move on his place from the last time that I saw him.

It's sad how people just walked away from him instead of helping him. They never decided to come back to save a person. They were selfish. They only thought of themselves. They didn't bother on saving a life.

I stepped near Jimin slowly and made a noise, so he can notice me. "Go away..." he whispered. His voice sent chills down my spine.

"Jimin." I called him, so he immediately stared at me. I felt like I suddenly can't breathe when our eyes met. I gulped and breathed deep. I started unlocking the padlock using a hairpin. I had to search in the internet how to unlock a padlock using a hairpin just for him.

"W-What are you doing?"

"I'm saving you."

"The whole city will be lonely once I leave here."

"And so?" I asked him. I finally unlocked the lock, so I threw it away. I can hear noise coming down from the city above. I think the security is going here and they might arrive anytime soon. "It's your turn to be happy."

"But...why did you come back to Omelas?"

"Who's downstairs?!" I heard those words from men coming down the stairs. I gulped. I held Jimin's hand and pulled him away from the dungeon. "Shit! The city is becoming lonely!" Their footsteps were clearly heard now because they're becoming near and near.

"The city is becoming weak, woman! Stop saving me!" Jimin said with a faint voice.

"Hey! What are you doing!?" The security was about to take me when I stepped in the dungeon and locked it myself. "The laughter came back!" I stared at Jimin. He looked baffled.

"Go now." I said. "Leave me here."

"What...?"

"I've been happy enough. It's your turn to smile and be blissful. Let me suffer here since I've been lonely by heart anyway."

--*

Was there any news regarding Ms. Le Guin? She passed away last January 2018 and she's the author of "The Ones Who Walked Away From Omelas", a short philosophical novel. As you can see, Omelas is one of the things that has to do with BTS' M/V theories. She's the woman behind Omelas 😊

THIS IS THE LAST PART. THANK YOU FOR READING! THIS WAS JUST A RANDOM IDEA, SO I THOUGHT I SHOULD PUBLISH IT 😊

Follow my ig acct: @bangteuwaiseu

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! : D