BTT x Reader (Broken Hearted?)

After considering every possible out come you decide it isn't even worth trying.

"Let's go home, Mattie. It's not like any of this will even work. It isn't worth getting in trouble for."

Matthew but his arm around your shoulder. "I'm sorry, (your name)."

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I should be the one apologiseing to you for dragging you into this." You hugged him and noticed his heart was beating really fast.

"Was he really that scared?"

You pulled away and Matthew took your hand leading you to the ground floor. He never let go of your hand till you were at a nearby park.

"Mattie... do you think I made the right decision?" You ask. You had always trusted Matthew's opinion.

"I think so." He placed his hand on your shoulder.

"Even if I gave up on him before I ever really tried." You looked down at your feet.

"(Your name) you have tried and tried for months. I've seen how hard you tried and if he really doesn't notice you then that's his fault." You looked up at him as he spoke. "Your beautiful and smart. I honestly hate to see you so sad." He suddenly pulled you into a tight hug. "I want to see you smile again."

"Mattie!" You wrapped your arms around his back. "Your right. I am sorry for making you worry so much."

It's seemed like a forever passed by before he pulled away from you. "It's late. I'll walk you home." Thanks to the light from the street light overhead you could see Matthew's face was bright red. 

"Um...Mattie are you okay?" You placed your hand on his forehead checking for a fever. 

He brushed you hand away, "I'm fine." You didn't believe him. Before you could argue the matter you heard laughing in the distant. Across the street was your crush and friends. Matthew grabbed your hand and pulled you in a different direction then the group. 

"Hold up Mattie!" You said desperately trying to keep up as he sprints at full speed away from your crush. "Mattie, stop!" You pulled back on his hand making him stop.

"Why can't it be me?" He said. "Why can't I be the one you love?" 

"Mattie..." You were at a lost for words. 

"I love you, (Your name)." Matthew said louder then he normally would.

"Mattie...I..." You searched for something to say. Matthew had always been there by your side from the day you entered the school, When no one noticed you, he did. He was even will to get a detention and ruin his reputation for you. How had you not noticed?

Matthew stared at his feet taking you silents as  a rejection. "I'm sorry please forget about this. I don't want to ruin our friendship."

"I won't forget. I don't want to forget." You said quietly. "I can't say I feel the same but that could always change." You held your hand out to Matthew. "I believe you said something about walking me home." He took your hand and intertwined your fingers with his.

                                                                                     ~~~

Your crush and his friends were watching from a distance. "Those two are from the same school as us. Look at the uniforms." Tino said

"She's rather cute. Too bad it wasn't me." Francis said with a shrug.

"Zhere are plenty of fish in zhe sea." Gilbert said slapping his back. They watched the two of you walk away hand in hand.