A Day Off

back atcha with the awful chapter titles! by now you're surely used to it, so after this i'll stop saying it xD

and sorry for a late-in-the-day update D:

---

Kirishima

November was already in full swing when the following Thursday rolled around. Mornings were becoming exceptionally cooler and already talk of the winter holidays was popping up everywhere. Kirishima was quick to find out how grumpy the increasing cold made his roommate, but he couldn't help but find the grumpy complaints—as they walked to the main school building together, Bakugou's hand stuffed in his pockets with his shoulders hunched and his face twisted up in irritation—kind of adorable.

"Alright, 'm ready for summer to come back," he muttered. "Four days in a row of this shit and I'm done. Why the fuck can't humans hibernate like bears or someshit?"

"I dunno, dude. 'S not that bad, though. Maybe it'll actually snow this year," Kirishima said thoughtfully, gazing upward at the slightly overcast sky.

"Oh, fuck no. Not unless there's a snow day and they cancel school. But shitty boarding schools don't have snow days, do they?"

"Sadly, no," sighed the redhead. "Definitely somethin' I miss about not living on campus. Unless, ya know, there's a snowstorm big enough to knock out the power or something, but you know how it is here... that rarely happens."

"If you fuckin' jinxed it I'm gonna kill you," Bakugou was saying just as a breathless Kaminari jogged up from around the boys' dorm where Kirishima and Bakugou were just about to do the same toward the main school building.

"Guys!" he huffed. "Glad I found you. School's canceled today."

Immediately Bakugou perked up just slightly. "What?"

"A pipe burst in one of the girls' bathrooms," he explained. "I heard that half that hallway is flooded."

"From who?" Kirishima asked suspiciously.

"Sero."

"Got it. So 's probably bullshit," Bakugou muttered, his short-lived hope deflating as he hunched his shoulders again in clear annoyance.

"I mean the part about the hallway being flooded might be, but a pipe definitely burst, and school is definitely canceled for today. Probably for tomorrow, too."

"Wait, seriously?" Kirishima asked.

"Yup. There are signs posted all over and everything. They probably sent out a schoolwide email, too, and everybody's headed back to their dorms. Bet they'll probably make an announcement about it soon."

"The fuck? You sayin' I got out of bed early on this shitty, cold-ass morning for nothing?" Bakugou said.

"Guess so, man."

"Damn. Oh well, I guess," Kirishima said with a shrug. "You guys wanna hang out in the game room or something then?"

"I would, but me and Kyouka are gonna take advantage of the day off and hang out by ourselves," Kaminari said with a somewhat mischievous grin. "You could probably find Sero and Mina somewhere if you wanted, though."

"Fuck that," Bakugou was saying, already turned around and heading back toward the door they'd recently come out of. "I'm going the fuck back to bed."

"Dang, dude's grumpy in the mornings, huh?" Kaminari said, gazing over Kirishima's shoulder after him.

"Yep," Kirishima said with his usual smile—one that Kaminari mirrored with even more mischief in his eyes.

"You're getting it pretty bad for him, huh?" He sent a fist toward the redhead's shoulder. "You're always smiling when he's around."