The Day After

Kirishima

It had never taken Kirishima so long to get to sleep in his life—he was just so damn happy. And once he finally did get to sleep, he kept waking up, a smile on his face every time. He really, truly could not remember a time he felt so giddy, an absolute bliss radiating from his very core. And when he finally did fall into deep rest, he swore it was the best sleep he'd had in his entire life.

It was just after 10 AM when his eyes fluttered open to the dark room around him, and he wasn't surprised to find Bakugou still asleep when he sat up and glanced over, the only visible part of him being a tuft of his blonde hair sticking out from the top of the blanket. With the same smile as before, Kirishima sleepily rubbed at his blurry eyes and reached for his phone. His home screen was waiting with a text message from Sero that'd come in just under half an hour ago.

>dude! Meet in the lounge!

>Be there in a few, he responded. After stretching, half-heartedly throwing his comforter across his bed, using the bathroom and combing quickly through his hair, he shuffled down the hallway in nothing but his pajamas and a pair of socks.

The lounge was still fairly quiet. Two heads, one black and one yellow, poked over the back of their usual couch and he sauntered over to see they had some old cartoon on that they weren't really paying attention to as they were too distracted with their phones.

"Mornin'," Kirishima mumbled, flopping himself down onto a bean bag chair.

"Heyy, there's our loverboy," teased Sero, looking up.

"I thought Kami was loverboy."

"Not anymore now that you're the one all smitten and stuff."

"What are you, an old lady?" Kaminari asked. "Who says stuff like 'smitten'?"

"I do," Sero proclaimed.

"...'kay. Anyway, morning, man," Kami said to Kirishima. "How was yesterday?" he asked with a mischievous grin.

"Good," Kirishima said automatically. Man, that smile was persistent! His cheeks were already beginning to hurt.

"Just 'good,' huh? 'Cause it looks to me like it was a hell of a lot better than good," Sero said as Kaminari's phone alerted him with a text message.

"Shut up," Kirishima mumbled, wishing he had an easy way to hide the blush creeping up his face.

"So gives us the details, man," Sero said, leaning forward with that familiar sparkle of gossip in his eyes.

"Wait wait wait," Kaminari cut in. "The girls are on their way over and you know Mina will kill you if you talk about it before she gets here."

Kirishima had been prepared for this since the second he'd decided to finally ask Bakugou out. In fact, he'd already promised to give Mina as many details as he could after the date when he told the four of them that Bakugou had (somehow) agreed. He already knew everything he wanted to share as well as what he'd decided to keep private—between just him and Bakugou.

When she and Jirou arrived they insisted upon making coffee and the boys gave them a minute to raid the kitchen before emerging with five steaming cups of the stuff as well as spoons, cream, and sugar. When Mina was satisfied with her mixture, she dragged another bean bag chair over beside Kirishima and plopped herself right down into it, holding the cup between her hands and gazing at him expectantly—almost studiously. It only made him laugh.

"I think we're ready, man. Give us the details," Sero said when everyone was settled.

"Um... well I guess I gotta start off by admitting that you guys were right," Kirishima began. "About him liking me? 'Cause he does... somehow."