One

"You are nothing. Just a freak."

"No." I said weakly.

"No one will ever want to go near you."

"I'm not a freak. Why? Mother. Father. Why?!" I felt a whip hit me back with my blue fiery wings. I scream in pain and agony. Tears roll down my cheek. My arms were chained to the wall so I couldn't escape.

"You are nothing but a curse! However, you better be grateful that we're keeping you alive! You can heal our injured."

Yes. I better be happy that I have some use to my village. But... I can't take this anymore. Everyone here hates me. They hurt me all the time. I've had enough. When they are done with their assault on me, I will escape.

Once my parents were done giving me their "punishment" and released me, I quickly hit my father in the stomach and ran out of the village as fast as I could. I heard yelling and people giving orders to capture me. But I was not going to live my life like this. I made sure I put a lot of distance between me and that village. I was panting and my legs were killing me. They were all scratched up and ached from all the running that I wasn't used to. I stopped to rest for a second until I heard people behind me.

"Find her! We can't let her leave the village!"

"When I get my hands on her, I will clip her wings!"

When I heard those frightening words, I had no choice but to keep running. I kept running until I came across a cliff that leads to who-knows-where. I looked behind me to see people trying to surround me. I saw my father in front of me.

"Found you! Now we will make sure that you won't try to escape again!" he said.

"Never! I won't come back to the village!" I shouted.

"Be a good girl and come with us." my father told me.

"No! I won't! All you do is use me to heal people in the village and abuse me! I don't want to live my life like this!" I told him. I seem to start to get on his nerves.

"You will come with us whether you like it or not!" He yelled.

"How about not!" And with those words, I spread out my blue fiery wings, jumped and flew away from them, leaving a trail of light blue trail of fire as I flapped my wings. As I was fading away from my village, I could hear my father yelling at me.

"I will find you! No matter how long it takes!"

Yeah right. I'll make sure he never does.

After a few weeks of starvation, a man and a boy found me in the forest.

"Are you alone dear child? Where do you live?" His voice was soft to the ears. He had blond hair and bangs that drooped over his eyes. And with him was a boy around my age.

"She looks hurt Ik-soo. And... She's not like any other girl I've ever seen. Look at her eyes. They're red. Not to mention her hair is blue. It's strange." the boy said.

I put my hands on my head to cover up my hair(which didn't work so well) and I hid my face in my knees. I heard a deep, yet soft, laugh.

"Now, now Yoon. Don't make the poor girl uncomfortable." I looked up to find his gaze on me, like he was feeling sorry for me. He knelt down in front of me.

"You never really did answer my question. Do you not have someplace to live?" He was so gentle, he had so much kindness for me. I was just some freak to people. However to him, I was just a helpless little girl. Nowhere to go, none to turn to. It filled me with joy. But should I really trust him? Wait....I already know the answer to that question.

"No. I don't have nowhere to go." I finally spoke.

"Why not little one?"

"They would abuse me. They kept me locked up in a cage like some kind of animal. All because.....I'm like this." I showed him and the boy my wings. The man, Ik-soo I believe, looked at my wings with awe. The boy, Yoon I think, was very surprised and shocked.

"Whoa! They beaten your wings up pretty badly!" He shouted. "It was a good thing that you left. They would of killed you!"

Ik-soo was still admiring my wings. Then he finally asked,

"What's your name little one?"

"Asuka." I replied.

"Well, Asuka, would you like to live with Yoon and me? We live in the mountains and no one really knows that we live there."

"Hey wait a minute Ik-soo! Are you sure about this?" Yoon yelled at him.

"Yes I am. She needs a home, and we have room to offer." He told him.

I was shocked to hear his words. Then I started to cry a little, then replied

"Yes please. I don't want to be alone."

Ik-soo wrapped his arms around me and took me to his home in the mountains.

*Four years later*

Yoon and I were out picking herbs for medical stuff. Yoon went off somewhere while I was picking a special kind of flower that heals people's wounds quickly.

"Hey, Asuka! Come over here! I need some help!" I looked over to where Yoon went.

"Ok." I stretched a little and went over to find Yoon.

When I reached the spot where he is I saw a red-haired girl and a dark haired man covered in blood.

"Oh man. People we need to treat." I said.