Nine

~Masked Man P.O.V~

I was walking through the caves until I heard a voice,

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!"

I used my vision to see a girl. She sounds helpless, but looks....Familiar.

I need to help her. I jumped over to her and placed my arm on her shoulder and lightly took her wrist. Once I was over there, the man ran away. Something that I'm used to. I was looking at the spot where the man was until the girl said something.

"It's... you...From my dream."

Wait. What? I looked down at her. Blue hair....Red eyes....Strange aura....

Burūfenikkusu... She found me.

~Asuka's P.O.V~

The man looked down at me, which confirmed it.

He's the one I was supposed to find. We stared at each other for a few seconds until he placed his hand in mine and started to guide me. I looked at our hands.

Mine fits perfectly in his. He's so warm, and gentle. Then I saw the little squirrel from earlier.

"Thank you," I said. He stopped for a minute and turned his gaze to mine, then forward again.

"I never thought that you would find me," He told me as he started to walk me through the caves again.

"You were asking me come. Of course I would."

"I...see..." He squeezed my hand lightly. I think it was a sign for 'Thank you'. I squeezed it back.

"What is your name?" I looked up to find his head tuned to me. "I don't want to call you Burūfenikkusu all the time."

I smiled at him then replied, "Asuka." It was faint, but I could have sworn I saw a small smile on his face. Then out of nowhere the cute furry creature was on my shoulder, nuzzling my cheek. I chuckled a little.

"And what about this little squirrel? What's her name?"

"Ao. She really likes you."

"Pukkyuu," Ao squeaked, and started to nibble my cheek.

"Hey," I laughed. "I'm not food for you, cutie." I smiled, petting her cheeks. I was about to ask him what his name was, but we reached the opening where I entered. Ao jumped off my shoulder to the masked man, then I heard the others. I smiled and waved at them. However....Yoon and princess Yona wasn't to happy that I disappeared. Yoon was the first to show that.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?! I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU, ASUKA!!" He yelled. Princess Yona ran up and hugged me. In the process, her hood came down.

"Thank goodness! I thought something happened to you," she said with tears in her eyes. I scratched the back of my head nervously.

"Sorry about that guys. I got lost for a little bit until this nice man came and helped me." Yona looked at him and smiled.

"Thank you for helping her."

"Seiryuu..." I looked over at Kija.

What did he say? I looked at the masked man. He was staring at Kija, then took one last glance at me, before running off.

"Wait!" Princess Yona yelled.

That was Seiryuu? I looked at my hand, remembering the warmth he had. I smiled, and thought I'm going to do what you asked. I'm not leaving. Not anytime soon.

~Timeskip~

"You mean to tell me that they tried to trap you underground?!" Yoon yelled. I had to tell them what happened. #1: Because they were persistent. #2: They were worried about me. and #3: I wanted to get it off my chest. However things didn't go the way I thought they would.

"The nerve of those people! First they disrespect the princess, then they try to take Lady Asuka underground?! Unforgivable!" Kija exclaimed, with a scary face.

Take a chill pill man!

"Kija? Are you sure that man is Seiryuu?" Yoon asked

"Yes!"

"Then why did he run? Maybe he has no intention of joining us, or he's scared to show himself."

"Nonsense! When I felt my blood boil I knew right then and there that it was my duty to protect the princess! I didn't hesitate to show myself when she came to my village," Kija said confidently.

"Not everyone can be as carefree as you," Yoon stated.

"No guess not," Kija smiled.

"That was sarcasm you know." It was my turn to speak.

"No. He didn't hesitate to show himself." All eyes were on me now. I held my hand to my chest. "When I was lost and in trouble, he showed up and saved me. I don't think that he's a bad guy. I want to see him again."

Yona smiled and said, "That would be a good idea. He seems to trust you. Kija?"

"I shall accompany you. He isn't to far away," Kija explained. Just as we were about to head out I heard Hak say, "You're staying here, Princess. Yoon, Red-Eyes and I will find Seiryuu." I looked at Hak and was about to strike, before Yoon held me back.

"What about me? I should go not you," Kija protested.

"Okay. We all counting on you White Snake. I'll stay here and protect the Princess"

"WHAT?! YOU FEND!!!!"

"We all might be in danger now that Red-Eyes was almost trapped under-"

"No Hak. You're staying here," Princess Yona said.

How many more times is she going to scare me?! I'm not used to Lady Yona being like this, and she's a princess. I thought with wide eyes.

"Asuka, Kija, Yoon and I will find Seiryuu. I'm only asking this of you because I trust you." Hak wasn't liking this, altho he didn't show it.

"Terrific. You want me to be the lookout?" Hak thought for a minute before pulling Lady Yona to his face and saying, "You better come back without a scratch. If not, you're stuck with me."

"Really?"

Hang on a sec. Is it just me or.....

"Well that sounds annoying. All be extra careful now," Yona said, earning a facepalm from me.

"Poor dude."