Letters

"Leona," mom called my name. I flinched and jerked up fiercely, taking my hand out of my jean shorts.
"W-what, mom?" I stuttered. Damn, this better be good, I thought, for her to be interrupting my Saturday morning orgasm!
"You have something in the mail! Quick, quick, hurry! It's from Hogwarts!" Her voice sounded ecstatic. She probably was thinking it was some grand accepting letter saying that I am going to Hogwarts next year. I wanted to tell her not to get too excited - I knew that I probably didn't get accepted. Just me, a foolish teenage girl who only cared about... Well, sex, and all the usual things you'd expect a 14 year old girl to care about. But mom was a wizard and went to Hogwarts when she was a teenager, and she wanted that for me, too.
"I'm coming!" I called, zipped up my shorts and ran out the door. She was waiting at the bottom of our stairs with the big yellow envelope held firmly in her grasp.
We both exchanged glances. "Well, this is it," I said, "open the letter!"
My mom bit her lip nervously. Without thinking, she tore it open and inside was the thin piece of parchment we were expecting. There were the cursive letters neatly inked on and a red stamp at the bottom. And then there were the words.

"Mom," I say.

"Leona," she responds.

"What does it say?"

"Read it for yourself." She shoves the paper in my hands.

"Your child, Leona Evelyn Baxteriath, has been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We hope to see you at 9 3/4 platform at King's Cross Station at no later than ten o' clock on August 21st. Happy wizarding!"
"YOU GOT IN!" Mom grabbed my hand and jumped up and down with me. "THIS IS AMAZING! I THINK I'M GOING TO-" a tear trickles down her cheek. I smile gleefully.
"We have to go robe shopping next Saturday," she hugs me. "and I'll let you have Butterball."
Butterball was my mom's tawny owl when she attended Hogwarts. The thing was YEARS old and on it's last leg, probably on the verge of death. I didn't want it. I wanted a new owl, not a used one. This isn't ebay, for fuck's sake. But now wasn't the time to tell mom that. She wiped another tear with her T-shirt and let me go upstairs after one last hug.

Well, there goes my normal teenage life. I would now be a wizard in two months. Overthinking it made me sick.
oh well, I'm just going to go finish my orgasm now, I thought to myself. And right when I got back on my bed I did just that.