Robes, wands and condoms

I shuffled through an array of various dusty black robes looking for the one I thought would suit me the best. Nothing. They were either too short, too long, too prudish. I wanted one that was above the knee like a mini skirt but Mom declined. She said that when you go to Hogwarts that you're not expected to act like "a slut". And that just about ruined the whole deal for me.
"Leona, come on. You need to pick one!" She sighed.
"Mom, they're all hideously ugly. I'd rather DIE than be caught wearing any of these!" I stomp my foot on the ground. My DREAM uniform would be a plaid, short shirt that goes five inches above the knee, high, platformed boots and a cardigan unbuttoned just enough to see my cleavage.
Mom rolled her eyes at me. "They are NOT ugly. Here, I'll pick one out for you. And you will wear it whether you like it or not. I don't want to hear a word out of your mouth." She came closer to me and wiped the red lipstick off my mouth. "You look like a stripper. Stick to nude colors only, Leona."
Desperate, she handed up an old one that looked like something an old lady would buy at a thrift store and held it under her arm. She walked over to the cashier and checked it out before I could say anything.
I sighed. That was fun.
"Mom, I'm hungry," I said. She looked at me, a plastic shopping bag in her right hand.
"Take twenty dollars out of my wallet and find a bite to eat," she told me. I fished around in her purse until I could find the cash and then I walked out the door to get to the Walgreens across the street.
The snacks isle had an array of chocolate covered pretzels, sour gummy worms and weird weight watchers sweets. I grabbed a pack of sugar cookies on the bottom shelf and creeped up to the front of the store.
Condoms.
I took a pack of them. I figured I'd need it, sometime soon. I was planning on losing my virginity soon. I really wanted to. Just imagining it made me smirk. With a grimace, I took the condoms off the rack and walked up to the cashier. She gave me an evil look while checking out the condoms, but I had a hoodie and sunglasses pulled over myself to hide the fact that I was only fourteen. Although I doubt she'd care because there are fourth graders losing their virginity these days.
It was fifteen days until I'd go to Hogwarts and I wasn't ready. I opened up my pack of sugar cookies, sat down and had another sex fantasy.