Chapter One

April 18, 2018
3:56 pm
Day 1

The anxiety that is currently filling up my empty stomach really makes me want to die. Well isn't that one hell of an opening sentence. So far, I've had three doctors visit me, all being from different parts of this hospital. One was a cardiologist who came in to check my heart and, according to her, I "would've lost my life" if I kept going at it for the next few months. The second doctor that came in was just the head doctor who was asking me all sorts of questions regarding how long I had been dealing with this issue and if I had ever been hospitalized before. I told him that I had never been hospitalized and that I had been dealing with my "issue" for quite a few years. Roughly six, if you wanted to be exact. The third and final doctor who came in was my psychiatrist who had given me a paper with dozens of questions regarding my mental health.

I feel anxious in social settings. Constantly

I feel restless, agitated, frantic, or tense. Often

I had trouble sleeping - I could not fall or stay asleep, and/or didn't feel well-rested when I woke up. Rarely

I often feel like life is not worth living. Rarely

Those were just a few of the ones that I recall. I mean, there were like sixty of them. So they were all kind of difficult to remember. I'm supposed to have an appointment with the therapist at 4:15, which leaves me fifteen minutes to my thoughts.

The halls are pretty loud right now. I'm assuming that they had just released school because apparently they have that here. I wonder if they'll have music classes for me to take. I don't think I could go longer than a week without playing piano.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to take a look around before I made it to my room. My first thought would've been to look for something that resembles a music room. All of this music talk has got me craving Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 14 right about now.

Anyways, I should probably start trying to find my way to the therapist's office. Knowing myself, I'll more than likely get lost and I'd rather be early than late.

-Kinsley

Kinsley placed the now closed blue notebook on the cream colored sheets, letting out a small sigh as she looked up at the clock on the wall. The two hands pointed to four and one, telling her that the time was 4:05. She pushed herself off the bed and her bare feet hit the cold, tiled floor. She walked over to her socks and shoes that laid on the floor next to the door and began to put them on. As she began the process, a presence that she sensed above her pulled her attention away from the white socks below her. She lifted her head and her green eyes locked with blue.

"You must be new." the girl's raspy voice let out while a small smile spreads across her face.

"What makes you say that?" Kinsley asks before putting her attention back on her original task.

"You have that anxious look on your face," she says with a chuckle, "and you're putting on your shoes to go wander the halls."

"Oh," Kinsley says gazing down at her laced up Converse. "I wasn't aware that I was allowed to walk around without shoes on."

"It's all good. We only have to wear shoes if we're going to class," she says as she extends her hand. "What's your name anyways?"

"Kinsley." she replies as she grasps onto the red headed girl's hand.

"I'm Lauren." the girl lets out as she hoists Kinsley up from off the floor.

"Nice to meet you Lauren." Kinsley says as she gets a better look at the girl.