Alex is...Alex is gay

Elenas P.O.V.
Alex texted me to tell me what happened and that he and Brian were dating and leaving but that was it. I asked him "Are you okay?" but all I got was silence and worry. So there I was standing in front of our apartment door delaying having to go in when a text from Alex appeared on my phone. It said "I'm fine well I'm not but I will be. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Brian and I we'd eating and I didn't have my phone on me. We will be back soon. Just cover for me. Please" which was just perfect ( note the heavy sarcasm). I took a deep breath and went to face my mother and even worse my abuelita. I love my brother but sometimes I really hate him. As soon as I was through the door my mom bombarded mine with a million questions including "What's going on where is Alex?" and "What's going on?". She calmed down after a second and said " Elena, I got a call from the vice principal today. He said that Alex left school because off a bullying issue. So if he wasn't there and if he's not here where is he? Elena I need to know where he is". God I've never seen her so scared but Alex needs me right now so I lied to her and hated it. I told her " Someone sent a ride text to Alex and it really upset him so Brian got permission from his dad, the vice principal, to leave school. All I know is he cheered Alex up , they went out to get food and are on their way back" which was all technically true but not the whole truth. Of course she saw right through it and demanded "Elena Maria Alvarez Riera Calderon Leytevidal Inclan that is absolutely not all you know. I need to know what is going on with my son and don't you dare lie to me. I have to know Alex is safe". Oh crap. If there was ever a time to lie it would be now but unfortunately I'm incapable of doing so.  I pulled her to sit down on the couch with me and said "He is completely safe. He's just uh he's..."trailing off. Abuelita came up behind me asking "Papito is what?". God I really don't want to do this. He deserves to tell them on his own time, in his own way.  I took a deep breath and reluctantly told them "Alex is.. Alex is gay. He and Brian just started dating and some kid was giving them a hard time". The door slammed shut behind me , Alex practically yelled "I can't believe you told them. How could you?" and stormed away.
Okay guys. Sorry this is so short and terrible and I'm leaving you on a cliff hanger. I'll have a new part up in a couple days. Hope you enjoy.