2: What you call JOB

"Welcome to my very first workplace."

Jaehyun opened the door only to welcome Donghyuck with a round table made of old wood and two chairs with only one surviving for the other was close to being disabled, a counter full of scattered ads flyers and an old man trying hard to sway himself on the rocking chair who was obviously having a hard time reading a book because of nearsightedness when he could just wear his pair of glasses to make it easier but he often forgot to even if it's only displayed on top of his head. Donghyuck blinked twice and thrice before turning to look at the older man beside him. He couldn't just utter words but his facial expression said it all.

"This is it." Jaehyun smiled genuinely as if he was trying to console the expressionless Donghyuck.

The lad shook his head before scanning the place once again. What is this place? And what are these things here? And who is this old man? He continued to question himself. Of course, who would never be shocked of the scene right in front of him when he imagined was a huge working place with lots of dividers, fully air-conditioned, a coffee machine near his table, friendly workmates and a place more than just a gloomy office which looked more of like a haunted garage. But he tried to calm himself for it might not be the one he was thinking. Maybe he thought wrong. Just please don't tell this will be my workplace, Jaehyun-hyung.

"Sooman-abeonim. How are you doing?" Jaehyun asked the rocking chair man.

"Who's that?" The old man shifted his gaze towards them as he lifted his book and put it down. "Oh. Jaehyun, you're here."

Donghyuck was left standing beside the counter while those two were having a long conversation as if they weren't seeing each other often. He was trying to get a little closer to hear what they were talking about when he took one step forward only for his shoes to be messed by a box of pizza, ketchup now ruining his new leather shoes which he got from his father as a graduation present. You could see him now almost bursting into annoyance and all of the unluckiest things happened to him that day flashed back to his mind which he hoped to be just blank because he was too tired to deal with it. He stepped out of it and was heading out of the door when Jaehyun wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

"Oh I forgot to introduce my friend here. He's Donghyuck." Jaehyun excitedly pronounce his friend's name and Donghyuck made his best to smile when he was then introduced. "And he wants to work here."

Donghyuck's eyes widened, he was internally cursing for a minute. Half of it was for Jaehyun and the remaining was for himself and his stupidity. He could not answer right away he didn't know what restrained him to answer back and to tell Jaehyun how he wanted to punch him at this very moment.

"Good." The old man gave a crooked smile to the lad and nodded for satisfaction. "Tell him he could start right away if he wants to. He looked really quiet."

Jaehyun elbowed his friend and forced him to answer nicely. Donghyuck just wanted to be eaten by the land beneath him.

"O-oh. I think Jaehyun-hyung is having a mistake right now. I'm not going to be wor-."

"Yes! He will start right away sir." Jaehyun cut Donghyuck off and pushed him towards the counter.

"You can start right now Donghyuck. Get those flyers and I'll show you how to do it."

It's already 3 in the afternoon and luckily the sun had become pleasant. But not Donghyuck as you could see him almost throwing tantrums in front of the building while distributing the flyers to each and every people passing by. He wanted to punch himself now more than wanting to do it to Jaehyun because he acted like a submissive queer afraid of complaining on things he didn't want to do.